ATI Brings Catalyst Drivers To Mobile Users

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ATI Brings Catalyst Drivers To Mobile Users

Post by Apoptosis »

For years notebook enthusiasts and gamers suffered with poor graphics drivers. ATI today proved that although it took a numbers of years to address the problem all the gripes did not fall on deaf ears. With the launch of Catalyst 5.6 this morning ATI has proved they have been listening all along.

Article: http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=209

Download the new CATALYST 5.6 Drivers HERE

If you are able to download and install the new drivers please post your results here! I'msure everyone would love to see your results.
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Good to see this... now mobile gamers can get the benefits of catalyst without the headaches (literally) of messing up the power consumption settings by installing a modded desktop version on their laptops!
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Don't forget all the wide screen users! When I modded desktop drivers with the mobility modder i lost all my wide screen resolutions :(

These new ATI Mobility drivers fix all the above!
BklynKid
Legit User
Legit User

Post by BklynKid »

So how did you guys install them?

I have a M6N as well. I'd mod them and install but there are no files to mod. I guess it checks the system before downloading them.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Cool stuff! I'll have to be sure I install these on my laptop. I usually have my laptop plugged in, but it's gonna help a lot for the times I use my laptop not plugged in! The darned battery already drains in 1-1/2 hours with light to moderate usage.
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
jsmiddleton4
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

ATI Mobility

Post by jsmiddleton4 »

Won't install on my Toshiba with ati 9000 igp. Get the message saying it can't upgrade, contact manufacturor.

Jim
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ATI Mobility

Post by Illuminati »

jsmiddleton4 wrote:Won't install on my Toshiba with ati 9000 igp. Get the message saying it can't upgrade, contact manufacturor.

Jim
As the pic above shows, only x700 and x800 igp's are initially supported. I'm sure in the next month or two ATI will expand support to other models. Nate did indicate however that he was able to get them to install on the x600 igp in his M6N.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

i'm running unlocked drivers that ATI sent to us for lab testing. These were able to install on my 9600 Pro without any issues. I'm sure someone will crack or modify these drivers in the future to be "unlocked". As for now the support for mobile platforms is limited, but it will get better.