Corsair XMS XPERT 3200XL Memory Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Corsair XMS XPERT 3200XL Memory Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Back in January of 2005, Corsair released a press release about their new "smart" memory modules, dubbed "Xpert." Since then they have been raved about as one of the most innovative products on the market for memory since activity lights. Today LR takes a look at a single 512MB module utilizing the fantastic Xpert display.

"With the introduction of the Xpert modules Corsair has yet again captured the wallets of enthusiasts everywhere. By utilizing their X-treme Low Latency memory chips with the addition of the Xpert module they have melded performance and looks together. "
http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=201
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

Once again, very nice memory review and very nice clocks with that memory! What do you think the performance difference would be with 7-3-3-2.5 timings at 270mhz and 8-4-4-3 timings also at 270 or 275 mhz? Even noticeable? Just curious :)
deadly-app
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by deadly-app »

I don't think there would have been a noticeable difference, but increasing it that little amount would probably require me to lower my cpu multi, yet again, thus lowering the cpu speed drastically.
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

deadly-app wrote:I don't think there would have been a noticeable difference, but increasing it that little amount would probably require me to lower my cpu multi, yet again, thus lowering the cpu speed drastically.
Well, I was really just sorta speaking in general terms, not necessarily about the Corsair Xpert stuff in your review.
Thanks though :)
deadly-app
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by deadly-app »

I know, im just giving you an example. I'm not sure what your exact situation is, but depending on your system, speed vs timings makes a difference.

5mhz x 4 = 20 mhz difference, you won't notice a substantial increase in speed, but if you loosen the timings that much on an amd system you may feel laggyish.

Amd's <3 tight timings, while Intel's yearn for unlimited speeeeed.
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

deadly-app wrote:I know, im just giving you an example. I'm not sure what your exact situation is, but depending on your system, speed vs timings makes a difference.

5mhz x 4 = 20 mhz difference, you won't notice a substantial increase in speed, but if you loosen the timings that much on an amd system you may feel laggyish.

Amd's <3 tight timings, while Intel's yearn for unlimited speeeeed.
HAHA, cool, thanks