ASUS Eee PC 1005HA Seashell Netbook Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Tired of the fuss of having only a few hours of battery life on your notebook or netbook? Legit Reviews has completed our full review of the ASUS 1005HA Eee PC Seashell netbook that sports an advertised 10.5 hours of battery life off a single charge. Check out this full review as we put the 1005HA through the paces and find out just how well it performs!

"The ASUS Eee PC 1005HA was king when it came to battery life. What else can we say when a battery lasts a whopping 10 hours and xx minutes at idle by just unplugging. We didn't alter the default monitor brightness at all. ASUS seems to have found a very low power consuming LCD screen for the 1005HA! Benchmarks were also another strong point for the 1005HA Seashell. In almost all tests, the 1005HA performed slightly faster than its 1000HE predecessor. Both feature an Intel N280 Atom processor that runs 60MHz faster than the other netbooks with the N270 processor. The only test that the 1005HA didn't come out on top with was..."

Article Title: ASUS Eee PC 1005HA Seashell Netbook Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1019/1/
Pricing at Time of Print: $349.99
DIGG IT!: http://digg.com/hardware/Crazy_Battery_ ... ll_Netbook
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ASUS Eee PC 1005HA Seashell Netbook Review

Post by Apoptosis »

This netbook has amazing battery life... Wish my OCZ Neutrino had half the life that this one does.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Ya, I was shocked at how much the 1005HA beat the 1000HE on battery life!
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
little_tea_pot
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by little_tea_pot »

What is the difference in clock speed between High Performance and Super performance modes in CPUz?? Or all the Hybrid engine modes for that matter... I'm wondering how much they really affect the battery life as well as performance bench marks.
TooT! TooT!
shug33
Legit User
Legit User

Post by shug33 »

Good review! I've been thinking of buying one of these and installing Ubuntu as you did. Questions:
1. Review states Asus 'continues to restrict access' to the HDD. :( Can I change the HDD or not? :?
2. Can the SATA1 HDD be replaced by an SATA2 HDD? e.g., will the MB support SATA2?
Regards, George
shug33
Legit User
Legit User

Post by shug33 »

Bought the 1005ha; installed dual boot Ubuntu 9.10Beta Karmic full version with the original Win XP. Works ok, I think the only thing not working in karmic is the internal mike, but this seems to be a common karmic bug per various forums.
Followed instructions from this link
http://eeepc1005.blogspot.com/2009/09/upgrade-time.html?
to change original Seagate 160 GB HDD to new Seagate 500 GB. One must be extremely careful, but no real problem in the upgrade. Changed to 2GB RAM - easy, as you said.