Free Homebrew VoIP with Google Voice and Intel Atom

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
realoutlawdave
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: Free Homebrew VoIP with Google Voice and Intel Atom

Post by realoutlawdave »

I'm new to this so go easy on me....is there any way to get this to work on an existing computer that running linux (ubuntu)
theriviera
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by theriviera »

Thanks for a great guide from a newbie! Am running into a problem with install-pbx. Assembled the system as described and booted up the pbxinaflash53b iso from the mirror in the guide (http://pbxinflash.cyberneticnetworks.co ... ash53b.iso).

Installed CentOS fine, rebooted and got to PIAFDL menu. Selected "A", downloaded the install-pbx file fine. It compiled and installed Digium Source, then started compiling Zaptel, and worked away at that for 4 hrs without progress. Screen shows

install-pbx Version 1.4.0 release on Date 021209
CentOS release 5.3 (Final) - 32 Bit
*Now installing Digium Source
*PLEASE RESIST THE URGE TO TAP...
*Now Compiling Zaptel
*PLEASE RESIST THE URGE TO TAP...

I've tried updating the drivers for the 945GCFL2 chipset using the piafxtras-menu. Also tried starting from scratch using PIAF 1.6 with CentOS 5.4. Only let that those two build compile Zaptel for 1 hr, but seems it shouldn't take that long.

I'm not sure where to begin on resolving this...any suggestions?

Thanks!
theriviera
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by theriviera »

Self helped!

Turns out my hwclock and system clock were not synchronized...that did it! For others who may find this page with a similar problem and limited experience like me, from PIAF install menu press "Q". Login using "root" as the user and password that you set up at install. When the command prompt appears, type

#hwclock

This displays the date/time on your hardware clock.

#date

This displays the date/time on your system clock. If either of these times is incorrect, you may have found your problem!

To resolve, and avoid clock problems in the future, you can install a program that will synch your clock with an online clock. I used the instructions at http://www.thewebhostinghero.com/tutori ... k-ntp.html.

Once you follow those instructions, your system clock will be in good shape. From there, if your hwclock was wrong, also, use the following

#hwclock --systohc
#hwclock --localtime

Use the second command only if you chose to set your system clock to local time on setup. Now reboot, and all should be in order.
parakeet
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by parakeet »

Great guide!! I followed the instructions except intalling the 911 service through PSTN. I am able to receive incoming calls made to my google phone number. However I am unable to make outgoing phone calls. I get a voice saying "please wait while I connect your call" and hear music after that. Any suggestions where I should start looking ?
jackss123
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by jackss123 »

After a year are these instructions any good? Can that get updated to reflect any new changes?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Sorry the original author of this article is still on the site, but no longer writing reviews or doing updates on this article.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!