Antec Vcool Expansion slot VGA cooler review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Antec Vcool Expansion slot VGA cooler review

Post by Apoptosis »

A few days ago we looked at some new case fans that will help lower case temps and keep noise levels down and today we go one step further and show you one of the leading PCI Slot coolers by Antec; The Vcool.

Heat buildup in a computer system is something that can lead to system instability and hinder ones overclocking experiences. Although this is bad, it is preventable for those who want to keep their computer running as cool as possible. With the GPU on a video card often running hotter than many Intel Prescott processors it is easy to see why one leading heat producing components in a computer is the video card.
http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=223
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

WOW, those are actually some very impressive results from that thing!!
I may have to look into one of these little things, although the noise thing is what gets me :?

If you put your hand over the back of it where it is blowing the air out, could you actually even feel the 11 or so cfm this thing pushes on low speed? It seems pretty weak, but I guess the temp drops speak for themselves! Good article :)
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

I likes, I likes! Now if will work with a 6800GT, all will be well =D>
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

actually, it is the first one of these I have used. It definitely help my video cards, but it does take up two slots. As far as cooling goes, you can feel the air being blown out the rear, on low it is really quiet but does move air, on high it is about avg for a case fan, not too bad, and depending on the rest of your system, pretty damn quiet.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

And for under 18 bucks on some sites...what more can you ask for? :)