DDR2 Pricing Update @ Legit Reviews

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

DDR2 Pricing Update @ Legit Reviews

Post by Apoptosis »

We dig around and find out the current prices on several popular brands and then find out what the memory companies are expecting pricing to be when Intel launches the chipsets that support DDR2.
The next generation motherboards that will be using DDR2 or not too far away, and we were shocked to find that companies like Corsair and Crucial already have DDR2 sitting on store shelves and for sale! The reason this shocked us is the fact that no boards are even available to consumers that will support it! Since these DDR2 modules are on the market before final revisions of the motherboards are completed the all have been programmed to run at JEDEC standard 4-4-4-12 timing values.
DDR2 Is Soon To Be A Common Enthusiast Part, But What About Cost!
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

seems cool.... but i like this idea personally. Interchangeable and looks rather good! :D
Sublime
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Sublime »

We can expect a 1GB kit (two 512mb modules) of DDR2 PC-4200 memory to be priced at roughly US $514 at the time of the launch.
Still a bit pricey if you ask me. I know you are under NDA, but post some Alderwood/LGA775/DDR2 numbers! :partyman:

Oh well I guess time we tell, but you were right about $230 for a 512mb module is MUCH better than $900 that they were in March 2004.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

with 600mhz ddr1 i dont see myself upgrading to ddr2 for at least 2 years and only if the price comes down a lot. i have to admit that im a sub $500 computer user. if i cant build a pc for less than $500 using ddr2 then i simply will not.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
rishdi
Legit User
Legit User

Post by rishdi »

The performance benefit just ins't there for that cos.t