OCZ Vertex LE (Limited Edition) 100GB SSD Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

OCZ Technology recently unveiled the highly anticipated Vertex Limited Edition (LE) Solid-State Drive and we have run our benchmark suite on it and are ready to show you what it can do. The Vertex LE 100GB and 200GB SSDs use the Sandforce SF-1500 controller and Intel MLC Flash in order to come with factory rated transfer speeds of up to 270MB/s read and 250MB/s write!

Article Title: OCZ Vertex LE (Limited Edition) 100GB SSD Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1222/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $399.99 MSRP
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OCZ Vertex LE (Limited Edition) 100GB SSD Review

Post by Apoptosis »

P.S. gwolfman... The Vertex 120GB is in there per your request :) Thanks for adding hours more to the benchmarking process!!
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Vectrexer
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Vectrexer »

"Notice that this drive doesn't need a jumper for firmware flashing."

Yeah the ole jumper requirement and the "gotta" loose your data to upgrade the firmware required has generally pissed me off about the SSD devolution. Anyone remember how hard drive upgrade used to require a jumper and data restore after a firmware upgrade? I am guessing the SSD industry on the whole has about another 1 to 2 years to go before being considered truly ready for the everyday market. At least ready without having to buy two drives. (one for use and one to use for transfers during upgrade.)

My comments are not a blast against the OCZ Vertex LE drives. They are great drives. I also like my pair of 256GB Patriot Torqx drives (PFZ256GS25SSDR). I'm all in for them. Even though I am generally an early adopter of products that does not mean I am a satisfied early adopter. Yep, it's always a trade off in t he real world.
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

Apoptosis wrote:P.S. gwolfman... The Vertex 120GB is in there per your request :) Thanks for adding hours more to the benchmarking process!!
I feel the hate... errrr, I mean love. ;)
Looks like I'm not missing out too much with the Vertex 1, though PCMark Vantage shows a completely different story.