ASUS P7H57D-V EVO Motherboard Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

We take our first look at an ATX motherboard based on the H55/H57 chipset from ASUS. The ASUS P7H57D-V EVO is one of only three H57 motherboards on the market today, so it will be interesting to see how it performs. With the ability to overclock Clarkdale or Lynnfield CPU's, as well as the GPU aboard Clarkdale, this could be one very fun motherboard to use for your next system build.

The P7H57D-V EVO motherboard is another fine example of great engineering from the gang at ASUS. Everything from the box and bundle to the TurboV EVO overclocking software exudes quality. The board is extremely stable even when pushed to the limits and has an overwhelming feature list, which include SATA 6G and USB 3.0. Aside from SATA and USB, performance between motherboards these days is largely the same, with results being within the specific tests margin of error. The biggest differences are the features and quality of components, which typically shows up when it comes to overclocking. We found that the P7H57D-V EVO was an excellent overclocking motherboard, reaching the same clocks of the much more expensive P55 based ASUS P7P55D Premium.
Article Title: ASUS P7H57D-V EVO Motherboard Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1218/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $199 plus shipping
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Calamar
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: ASUS P7H57D-V EVO Motherboard Review

Post by Calamar »

Hi,
I know I've opened another topic talking about this, but maybe after the review will have more impact and will be a better place for anyone else interested in that question.
I would like to know if using core's i5-661 (or any other clarkdale) intregrated graphic, I can use the two pci-e slots 16x (in 8x mode) of a H57 motherboard ( Asus P7H57D-V EVO) to run 2x 3ware (LSI) 9750SA-8I pci-e 8x RAID cards. Extensible to any other H57 motherboard.

I've read many times you can't use both PCIE 8x for graphic cards with i5-661 integrated GPU enabled. But what about non graphic stuff?

This is the alternative for me, to Intel Server Board S3420GP series. Using in both cases an i3 cpu. But with the possibility of USB 3.0 and SATA3. S3420GPLX is quite more expensive, its a server board, of course, but for a simple file server it might cost a little too much.