Thermaltake SpinQ Six Heatpipe CPU Cooler Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Geared to support gamers and high-end enthusiasts in their battle against excess heat, the Thermaltake SpinQ (CL-P0466) CPU cooler features 50 waved aluminum fins -- shaped in classic cylinder figure – spirally arrayed around an 80mm 1600RPM fan. The patented fin design is said to provide great airflow and can help keep your processor and motherboard components nice and cool.

The Thermaltake SpinQ is a very attractive looking cooler with some nice features including compatibility with all current motherboards, a 6-heat pipe design with a mirror finish base and a blue LED blow fan, among many other things. This cooler is a great step up from stock cooling on any system, but for $52.99 + $6.98 shipping at its lowest, I would be hard pressed to recommend it over many coolers found for half its price which offer the same or better performance.
Article Title: Thermaltake SpinQ Six Heatpipe CPU Cooler Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1240/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Bo_Fox
Legit User
Legit User

Re: Thermaltake SpinQ Six Heatpipe CPU Cooler Review

Post by Bo_Fox »

Hmm, 6 heatpipes are nice.. heck, it might even beat my aging Big Typhoon with custom 2000rpm fan (same as the VX version that has 2000rpm). However, I would prefer the vertical design like the older SpinQ VT one. The SpinQ VT actually only had 3 heatpipes, but if those heatpipes were 8mm thick, then it would've probably been even better than this newer 6-heatpipe version.