SUNBEAMTECH Airbox USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Enclosure

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

SUNBEAMTECH Airbox USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Enclosure

Post by Apoptosis »

SUNBEAMTECH Airbox USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Enclosure Review

USB3.0 is quickly becoming a mainstream feature. Today we have the opportunity to look at an external hard drive enclosure that will take full advantage of USB3.0! The SUNBEAMTECH Airbox USB3.0 3.5" External enclosure will keep your hard drive cool and performance hot! Read on to find out more and see how it performs on USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 headers!

The SUNBEAMTECH Airbox USB3.0 3.5" External Enclosure performs head and shoulders over the previous generation of USB2 enclosures! I suppose that is to be expected since USB3.0 offers ten times the bandwidth of USB2. USB2 was limited to 480Mb/s and USB3.0 offers a massive 5Gb/s, so the performance gains we saw here today are nothing short of expected. I will admit though, knowing the speed that USB3.0 offers I was still pleasantly surprised. I was surprised as to how well the SUNBEAMTECH Airbox USB3.0 3.5" External Enclosure performed when compared to the same drive being attached via the SATA port on the test system.
Article Title: SUNBEAMTECH Airbox USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Enclosure Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1308/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $55.99 shipped from Newegg
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
skier

Re: SUNBEAMTECH Airbox USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Enclosure

Post by skier »

WOW USB3 ftw :shock:
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
BGood
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by BGood »

I'd really like to see this device compared with an eSATA enclosure using the same installed hard drive!

As for your site's 'capcha' technology, YUCK. Without a doubt, the hardest to read that I've ever encountered!!
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

BGood wrote:I'd really like to see this device compared with an eSATA enclosure using the same installed hard drive!

As for your site's 'capcha' technology, YUCK. Without a doubt, the hardest to read that I've ever encountered!!
Using eSATA should provide nearly the same results. In the tests I was limited to the drive speed in both USB3 and the SATA tests. The only way we would see different results would be to use a faster drive.

As for the Captcha, we see alot of spam. I can only imagine what it would be with out it. At least you only have to complete it once :)
BGood
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by BGood »

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the fast response!

Regarding Captcha, I'm very familiar with it and generally have no problems. The version here, though, took me several tries to figure out!
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hark »

Several tries at a captcha for one time is worth it if it can deter spammers.