Western Digital TV Live Plus Media Player with Netflix

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Western Digital TV Live Plus Media Player with Netflix

Post by Apoptosis »

Western Digital TV Live Plus Media Player with Netflix Streaming

WD recently launched the TV Live Plus HD media player, which makes it easy for Netflix members to instantly watch thousands of TV episodes and movies on the biggest screen in their home from their HD television set. The new Netflix interface enables members to browse and add movies to their instant Queue on the Netflix Website right from their TV. Read on to see how this player compares to the WD TV Live HD and to see if it is worth the extra $15.

The Western Digital TV Live Plus has introduced Netflix streaming within the graphic user interface. While other players like the Seagate FreeAgent+ have introduced Netflix functionality via firmware/software upgrades, Western Digital has introduced an brand new unit to the market with this ‘enhancement’. For those that have already invested in Netflix and their monthly subscription, this may be the set-top player that you have been waiting on.

Article Title: Western Digital TV Live Plus Media Player with Netflix Streaming
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/1363/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $119.99 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Western Digital TV Live Plus Media Player with Netflix

Post by Kaos Kid »

So, now that you have reviews for two HD media boxes which one would you prefer if you had to buy one? Even though this one has the streaming Netflix, the patriot one is still looking pretty good especially for the price...
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
Digital Puppy

Re: Western Digital TV Live Plus Media Player with Netflix

Post by Digital Puppy »

Kaos Kid wrote:So, now that you have reviews for two HD media boxes which one would you prefer if you had to buy one? Even though this one has the streaming Netflix, the patriot one is still looking pretty good especially for the price...
Good question! We actually have reviews of more than two HD boxes, btw, but I do understand your question.

For me it comes down to the OG WDTV Live, the new WDTV Live PLUS, the Patriot Box Office, and Seagate FreeAgent+. You can really go with any of these players and be happy. There are some players on the horizon that look interesting too: New players from ASUS and Seagate are throwing in some wrinkles that people might be interested in.

As I said in the article, I'm not really a fan of Netflix so I can toss that functionality out when I consider . Right now I'm also checking to see if the new DRM Cinavia affects MKV playback on any of these devices. I'm still in love with the easy removable media that the Seagate provides. For the price though, the $90 Patriot has to be the most economical out there.
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.