AOpen's Pandora Box Makes it to the Market

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
ynniv
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by ynniv »

ynniv wrote:
Still, AFAICT the AOpen does not have a monitor/mouse/keyoard. My point is simply that the AOpen is not cheaper or faster than the Mac mini
I can't find any evidence to back this up!! where are you getting this info (no monitor etc.)
You have no evidence to back yourself up! I haven't seen anything say that it *was* coming with a monitor/keyboard/mouse. Here is the only mention of "monitor" in the review:
That is a very low price point considering that the Mac Mini starts around $499 and comes without a monitor and keyboard!
It implies that the AOpen is a better value because the Mac mini doesn't come with a monitor, but it does not say the AOpen comes with one. Check the component lists that people have mentioned - none of them include a monitor/keyboard/mouse. Use some common sense here - if there is no evidence either way, which is more likely?
Also x86 IS a better cpu than the power pc = in general useage, which is what the target consumers care about...
What you are referring to is the disproportional gains for certain scientific applications, where a 2.5GHz G5 outperforms a 4Ghz Pentium. Poke around the web and you'll find the PPC is equivalent to a marginally faster Intel for all operations.