AMD Shows 32nm Fusion Llano APUs Running AvP

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

At a recent press event in Los Angeles, Legit Reviews got a a chance to take a look at an AMD development platform that was running an early revision of AMD's Llano Fusion processor. This is the first time that AMD Llano CPU's have been seen outside an AMD test lab, so it looks like they are coming along nicely. We have been told that these processors are being manufactured by GlobalFoundries and are due out in the first half of 2011.

AMD invited Legit Reviews to get some personal time with their Llano platform and also invited use to a private showing of this platform. We were not told any specific clock frequencies or model numbers, but were shown the full length demo scene from of Aliens Versus Predator. We found that it was running rather smoothly with DX11 setting enabled at a screen resolution of 1280x1024. From the image above you can see the development board did not have any discrete PCIe video cards being run, so all this was being done on just the processor. It is our understanding that you will be able to run CrossFire on these new Fusion APU's, but AMD has not confirmed or denied that rumor yet...
Article Title: AMD Shows 32nm Fusion Llano APUs Running AvP
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1443/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: AMD Shows 32nm Fusion Llano APUs Running AvP

Post by hark »

If this compares well in power to the Playstation 3 or Xbox 360, then PC gaming could get a big boost from more users having access to gaming-capable hardware. One problem with many pre-builts found at retailers is that they push the CPU and RAM, but GPU is rarely given a thought.
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sttm »

That motherboard form factor looks like it could be put behind a monitor for an all-in-one design.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
snakyjake
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by snakyjake »

What is the main group Llano targets: gamers, HTPC, mainstream, mobile?
hnzw_rui
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hnzw_rui »

snakyjake wrote:What is the main group Llano targets: gamers, HTPC, mainstream, mobile?
Those and I guess minor gaming. Llano doesn't quite have the GPU power for enthusiast-level gaming. Iirc, performance is supposed to be comparable to a Radeon HD 5670.
File Server/Media Encoder/PVR PC
Antec P182 / Corsair 550VX / Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R / Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.53 / Wintec AMPX 2x2GB DDR2 800 / Sapphire 100233L Radeon HD 3450 / WD Caviar SE16 750GB x3 / WD Caviar GP 750GB / Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7190A x2 / XP Pro SP2

unRAID Server
Antec 300 / Corsair 520HX / Abit AB9 Pro / Celeron 430 @ 1.80 / Kingston ValueRAM 2x1GB DDR2 667 / ATI Rage XL / Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB x9 / unRAID 4.3.3