Call of Duty: Black Ops Benchmarks - GeForce versus Radeon

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Call of Duty: Black Ops Benchmarks - GeForce versus Radeon

Post by Apoptosis »

Call of Duty: Black Ops Benchmarks - GeForce GTX 460 vs Radeon HD 6870

Now that Call of Duty: Black Ops has been released we thought that it would only be proper to run some video benchmarks on this highly anticipated PC game title. The hype around this first person shooter has been enormous the past few months, so we know that our readers are wanting to find out what video card brand will run Call of Duty: Black Ops the best. Today, we take the GeForce GTX 460 1GB and run it against the Radeon HD 6870!

Article Title: Call of Duty: Black Ops Benchmarks - GeForce GTX 460 vs Radeon HD 6870
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1465/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Benchmarks - GeForce versus Rade

Post by XstollieX »

Plus this is only a DirectX 9.0c game title in a day and age where the video card makers are pushing DX11 gaming hardware down our throats. It better run good on video cards that have just come out!
I do find it funny that they are pushing this game with the GTX 580's when the game will not even take advantage of the full capabilities of the 580's. Kinda like using a Ferrari engine with a toyota corolla. But as always great article
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I remember when CoD 2 came out for PC and it ran like garbage. To get through the Russian campaign I had to run the game in DirectX 7 mode. They probably caught a lot of flak for that and decided that it's better for the franchise if it works well on old hardware too.

*EDIT*
Experience any issues while playing the game? Apparently there's a long list of gripes.
http://www.hardocp.com/news/2010/11/11/ ... ops_issues
INeedAFnSuffix
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by INeedAFnSuffix »

And , the 6870 is cooler .
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Major_A wrote:Experience any issues while playing the game? Apparently there's a long list of gripes.
http://www.hardocp.com/news/2010/11/11/ ... ops_issues
I've only had time to play single player and after getting half way through the game i've had no issues... Playing on a GTS 450 and it's fine at 16x10 with stuff cranked up a bit.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!