ASUS K53E 15.6-inch Notebook Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ASUS K53E 15.6-inch Notebook Review

Post by Apoptosis »

ASUS K53E 15.6-inch Notebook Review - Intel Core i5-2520M CPU

Today, we have an Intel Sandy Bridge powered notebook from ASUS that is aimed at the mainstream market called the K53E. The ASUS K53E is a general purpose 15.6-inch entertainment notebook with prices that start at $634.90 plus shipping. If you are looking for a versatile mainstream notebook that packs some serious processing power be sure to take a closer look at this review!

The ASUS K53E proved to be a very potent notebook thanks to Intel's Sandy Bridge 2nd generation Core i5-2520M mobile processor that is uses. This notebook blazed through the benchmarks with relative ease and proved to be an ideal notebook for those that are looking for a good mix between performance and portability. We also found that the battery life wasn't that bad as we got about 3.25 hours of DVD playback and 4 hours of wireless web surfing before the battery called it a day.
Article Title: ASUS K53E 15.6-inch Notebook Review @ Legit Reviews
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1606/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: ~$749.99 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ASUS K53E 15.6-inch Notebook Review

Post by Major_A »

I still can't believe how much that RAM kit helped. I love how technology is constantly getting better and usually cheaper. I don't love that as soon as I buy something it's already obsolete.

You may have mentioned this in the article but I didn't see it. How many partitions does the drive have? My Eee PC came with 3 partitions. I believe it was a 40GB for the OS, 5GB in a hidden restore partition and then the remaining space that was left. Any idea why they do the partitioning that way? I can see having a hidden partition for restore software. But I don't understand why they would use 2 partitions for everything else.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I don't recall as I wiped the drive with a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

No biggie, was just wondering if it was an ASUS "thing". My stepdad's 6 month old Lenovo laptop only has 2 partitions, 1 active and 1 hidden with restore software.
Velo:Sity

Post by Velo:Sity »

I think my Acer also came with three. Immediate clean install took care of that. :)