ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional Motherboard Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Recently ASRock has been really coming out with some great products to make a name for themselves. Now they have teamed up with the world class gamer Fatal1ty to build their name further. The ASRock Fatal1ty Professional P67 Motherboard is chocked full of features and looks like it is going to be another great product by ASRock! Am I way off base or are my first impression spot on? Read on to find out!

The gaming performance of the ASRock Fatal1ty Professional P67 motherboard was right on track with all of the Intel P67 offerings that we have looked at so far. In fact, it was even able to lead the pack at times. If I could change anything about the ASRock Fatal1ty Professional P67 motherboard there wouldn't be much. The only feature I would change is eliminating the IDE and Floppy headers. If this were an entry level motherboard, sure throw them on there for people looking to use the old hardware out of an existing system. The ASRock Fatal1ty Professional is aimed at the enthusiast market, and very few are going to use a floppy disk drive or an old and out-dated IDE hard drive.
Article Title: ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional Motherboard Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1633/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $219.99 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional Motherboard Review

Post by Sttm »

I read somewhere that the Floppy and IDE headers were put on there because of a request by Mr. Fatality Wendell.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

Sttm wrote:I read somewhere that the Floppy and IDE headers were put on there because of a request by Mr. Fatality Wendell.

Any more they are pointless. Because Vista and 7 can utilize third party drivers by either a cdrom or by a USB flash drive if and when it is needed.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sttm »

I was just pointing out that Asrock probably did it to appease their "celebrity" whose name they are slapping on it and they probably know they are pointless too.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"