Thermalright True Spirit CPU Cooler Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we are looking at the newest version of the True Spirit from Thermalright. The Thermalright True Spirit has four 6mm heatpipes and 48 aluminum fins to help keep your processor nice and cool. Join us as we put the updated cooler to the test on our Intel Core i7-930 test system and see how it stacks up against some of the best coolers we have tested.

Article Title: Thermalright True Spirit CPU Cooler Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1657/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: MSRP of $29.95
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Thermalright True Spirit CPU Cooler Review

Post by sbohdan »

I wonder what the performance would be if there was a second fan added (push-pull) temperature wise? nice looking coolre for a budget setup :)
thanks for the nice review.

On a different note, I miss the Corsair A70 from the comparison chart...
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

Thanks for the review. It's amazing what this little thing is capable of (excepting extreme overclocks), and at a very reasonable price as well.
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

gwolfman wrote:Thanks for the review. It's amazing what this little thing is capable of (excepting extreme overclocks), and at a very reasonable price as well.
yeah, Thermalright used to be the king of the hill, until Noctua and its clones came along. I'm glad to see it is still kicking and with this cooler it took back the crown for the low budget CPU coolers. I wanna see a high performance bigger brother from them.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
samuel
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by samuel »

yeah Noctua knocked em off because Noctua offer industry leading support, upgrade mounts at no or low cost and of good design.

Thermalright on the other hand offer rubbish support, do not upgrade mounts to new sockets, and even when they do they are mostly rubbish.

I used to be a big Thermalright fan till they dumped on me big time. Learn from others mistakes - its easier that way - stay away from thermalright unless you're an environmental vandal - and you just throw big lumps of shiny metal away every year.