Corsair Hydro Series H80 Liquid CPU Cooler Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we are looking at newest addition to the Corsair Hydro Series, the H80. The H80 water cooler includes a double-thick 120mm radiator and should be compatible with virtually any standard ATX PC case. Join us as we check out the updates Corsair has made as we put the new Hydro Series H80 through the paces on our Intel Core i7-930 powered test system.

Today we looked at the latest addition to the Corsair Hydro Series, the Hydro Series H80. The Corsair H80 performed solidly in all of our tests. It also did it quieter than the Hydro Series coolers of the past
Article Title: Corsair Hydro Series H80 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1661/1/
Pricing At time of Print: $109.99 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Corsair Hydro Series H80 Liquid CPU Cooler Review

Post by Kaos Kid »

S-w-e-e-e-e-e-t! This makes me want to go back to water cooling, even though I don't need it, lol. I love the integrated controllers and variable mode, and this cooler really shines on the extreme setting! I think this retails less than my old TTake Aquarius system did 8-10 years ago, this really makes extreme watercooling affordable yet simple to use. i assume that although it comes with straight fittings you can install angled ones after market (just may have to paint them black). Not a deal breaker though either way.

See if Corsair will send you one of these for Facebook Friday!!! :supz:

Great review as usual Shane! =D>
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

Thanks for the review, though it would have been nice to see a top-performing heatsink on the charts for comparison.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

With the CPU croaking, starting all over kinda sucks..
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

bubba wrote:With the CPU croaking, starting all over kinda sucks..
Yeah no worries, but for future reference. ;)
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

There was tons of testing to get that much in there. Working on the next review already (an air cooler), I still need to find and dig out the stock Intel sink.. its in the pile some where :lol:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

I had been eyeing the H100 cooler...it looks like Newgg had it today but sold out.
Joe
CoachAub
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by CoachAub »

A friend of mine bought this cooler. I helped him install it. The heavy radiator unit with 2 fans on it is big and cumbersome. In his Corsair full-tower case (forget model) it's mounting was overtop the memory. This in my opinion was not ideal as air flow to the memory chips was then limited. He has 24gb of Corsair Vengeance (the mem heatsinks almost touch the radiator) Also, the instructions have you aim the fans into the case, pulling air in from the back, this was ok since his case has 120mm top exhaust fans. I however insisted we try reversing the fans to pull air out of the case (out the back) as the front fans, psu & gpu fans were all trying to do. I believe in getting all the air moving the same direction. It actually lowered the cooling effectiveness on the cpu---so I guess they were right. It did not effect the board and other temps. regardless of the direction. (go figure?)
Rig#1: Intel i5-3570K, MSI-B75MA-P45 mobo, G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 2x4gb, MSI-7870 2gd5t/oc gpu, Tt TR2-600w psu, Tt Commander Snow ed. Case, Cooler Master Hyper212+ HSF, OCZ Agility3 SSD 120GB, WE Caviar Black 750GB
Rig#2: AMD Phenom 2-970, MSI-890FXA-GD-65 mobo, 6GB Geil DDR3-1333, HIS Radeon HD6870 1GB gpu, Antec Quattro-850 psu, Rosewill Conqueror Case, Zalman CNPS-9500 hsf, 1TB Toshiba Sata3 HD