NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 w/ 3D LightBoost Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

NVIDIA just announced 3D Vision 2 at GeForce LAN 6! NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 is the next generation of the compaines 3D technology, features sleek, newly-redesigned, gamer-inspired glasses. It also introduces NVIDIA 3D LightBoost technology, a unique new display technology that improves the 3D experience by delivering images that are up to twice as bright and colors that are far richer than those provided by other 3D display technologies.

NVIDIA’s 3D Vision 2 offers several improvements from the previous generation’s offering. During use the most noticeable change is the added brightness, not only due to 3D LightBoost on the monitor. It appears that unlike in the previous generation where the lenses would go 100% black, the new generation’s glasses will never fully darken and stay ‘open’ longer. This means that visually it appears brighter, which is especially helpful if you game in a lit room and makes it easier to see things besides the monitor (keyboard, food/drink, etc) while in 3D mode. The additional size of the glasses also helps as they block more of your peripheral vision than the previous design which as an end result is less distracting.
Article Title: NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 w/ 3D LightBoost Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1742/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 w/ 3D LightBoost Review

Post by Major_A »

They remind me of the standard GI issue glasses (BCGs aka Birth Control Glasses).
GI_Glasses.jpg
GI_Glasses.jpg (104.64 KiB) Viewed 2490 times
egloeckle
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Re: NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 w/ 3D LightBoost Review

Post by egloeckle »

The frames are more of that goggles look and feel to them then the GI glasses. But yeah, i know what you mean. They are nice, but they are definitely not anything that I would wear with people over. NVIDIA went function over form for this revision of them.