CES 2012: New Asus Eee PC Netbooks Revealed

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

At CES 2012, amongst other announcements, ASUS laid out the goods for their new netbook lineup consisting of four new models that are eager for your desire. They come in a variety of color and there are Intel and AMD based hardware. We put together some videos to showcase them so have a look and see!

Article Title: CES 2012: New Asus Eee PC Netbooks Revealed
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1818/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
bachinchi
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: CES 2012: New Asus Eee PC Netbooks Revealed

Post by bachinchi »

](*,) Why the [censored] do manufacturers still include VGA ports!?

Also, the link to this thread in the article is wrong.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

bachinchi wrote:](*,) Why the [censored] do manufacturers still include VGA ports!?

I use vga connections for a lot of computers to lcd/plasma tv's, especially with video cards that only have DVI or VGA. As technology moves forward I think the vga port will disappear but for now, there are a LOT of reasons to keep it. One of the main reasons is all the lcd/plasma tv's that only have 1 hdmi port (yea, manufacturers were brain dead on that one)
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

ASUS Eee PC 1225B Features and Specifications:

AMD® E-450 Dual Core mobile processor
1.6GHz processor speed
AMD Hudson Fusion Controller Hub
AND® UMA graphicsAMD HD6320 (DX11, 1080P output)
AND® UMA graphics? I thought netbooks were going the way of the dinosaur? Or is ASUS the only manufacturer left?
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

KnightRid wrote:
bachinchi wrote:](*,) Why the [censored] do manufacturers still include VGA ports!?

I use vga connections for a lot of computers to lcd/plasma tv's, especially with video cards that only have DVI or VGA. As technology moves forward I think the vga port will disappear but for now, there are a LOT of reasons to keep it. One of the main reasons is all the lcd/plasma tv's that only have 1 hdmi port (yea, manufacturers were brain dead on that one)
I understand why on a small netbook space is at a premium, but I wonder why the larger laptops and the lcd/plasma tvs don't have DVI instead of VGA ports? The port isn't that much bigger than VGA and I would think you could get a better quality picture from those video cards that don't have HDMI. I have a vga port on my Sony 47 LCD but I've never even thought of using it, even before I built my HTPC with HDMI onboard. However, if for some reason my HDMI in the HTPC went out, it would be nice to fall back on a DVI rather than a VGA.
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll: