Deepcool Gamer Storm Dracula VGA Cooler Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we take at the flagship GPU cooler from Deepcool, the Dracula. The Dracula is part of Deepcool's Gamer Storm line and is designed for those that want some serious cooling performance. This GPU cooler is massive and takes up four PCI slots when installed. Join us today we put the Dracula on the notoriously hot running NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 to see how it handles the heat compared to another aftermarket cooler.

Article Title: Deepcool Gamer Storm Dracula VGA Cooler Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1848/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Deepcool Gamer Storm Dracula VGA Cooler Review

Post by sbohdan »

For this kind of money water cooling is is a cheaper, more efficient, space saving and overall better solution. Idle temps are nice on this cooler but the load temps are disappointing considering the size and the price of this thing. I wonder if there would of been better temps with a better TIM? (extra cost of course :rolleyes: )
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I use one of the top TIM's out now, the Gelid GC Extreme. Stock cooler temps for a GTX480 is average 92*C+ on auto, and ~76*C at 100% fan speed the fan is ear splitting loud. 100*C+ when OC'd

Same card with stock cooler and the two water blocks I have tested with it. Blocks were tested with swiftech triple rad and Arctic Silver Lumiere TIM, so could take another 5*C off these and be around what GC Extreme would be.

Full cover water block is going to cost $100+ at least, not including pump, hose, rad, fittings.

It makes for a nice cooler for those that don't want water (have the space for it), and its hella more quiet than the stock cooler ever thought of being.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
CoachAub
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by CoachAub »

I'm curious how this type of cooler would effect overclocking a gpu, but I honestly expected cooler temps to be registered in the article. How does it compare to the "stock" cooler?
Rig#1: Intel i5-3570K, MSI-B75MA-P45 mobo, G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 2x4gb, MSI-7870 2gd5t/oc gpu, Tt TR2-600w psu, Tt Commander Snow ed. Case, Cooler Master Hyper212+ HSF, OCZ Agility3 SSD 120GB, WE Caviar Black 750GB
Rig#2: AMD Phenom 2-970, MSI-890FXA-GD-65 mobo, 6GB Geil DDR3-1333, HIS Radeon HD6870 1GB gpu, Antec Quattro-850 psu, Rosewill Conqueror Case, Zalman CNPS-9500 hsf, 1TB Toshiba Sata3 HD
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

See the chart in my post above yours. That is the second GPU cooler review with the GTX480 card I use. The temps in the chart are the bone stock card out of the box. I have long since misplaced the stock cooler so I was unable to retest it. http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1365/1/

Here is a link to the review of the GELID Icy Vision I did back in August of 2010 http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1374/1/

Both the GELID and the Deepcool are way WAY quieter than the stock cooler for the GTX480.

Millage will vary depending on what card you are running.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Calamar
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Calamar »

All x80 nvidia series should be wced if you want to spend extra money on them. Its a matter of sound, temp and oc.
jsolomon
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by jsolomon »

bubba wrote:
Both the GELID and the Deepcool are way WAY quieter than the stock cooler for the GTX480.
I can confirm this, my GTX480 is loud as hell - since I always keep my computer on (torrents etc), sometimes it's actually hard to fall asleep. I'll have to do something about it soon :roll: