RunCore Pro V Max 120GB SATA III SSD Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

RunCore has beefed up their Pro V line with the SF-2281 SandForce controller and a SATA III interface to attempt to join the ranks of the elite drives. Employing the prized "Golden" firmware from SandForce, it promises to offer better IOPS performance and better sustained reads and writes. Will it be enough to standout from the SandForce crowd? Have a look at the article to see!

RunCore is not one of the companies that immediately comes to mind when thinking of SSD manufacturers but they have been churning out drives since 2007. We've even featured the SATA II version of the Pro V awhile back. The SF-1200 controlled, SATA II drive proved to be a good performer although at the time the pricing was a little above the competition. Back to present day, the Pro V line has been upgraded to the newest SandForce SF-2281 controller and along with that, the interface has been upped to 6Gbps SATA III. They sent us over the Pro V Max 120GB version for evaluation so we'll get started by telling a little bit about it...

Article Title: RunCore Pro V Max 120GB SATA III SSD Review
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/1855/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: RunCore Pro V Max 120GB SATA III SSD Review

Post by Major_A »

Has Kingston and Intel been the only SSD manufacturers/sellers to get the memo? Add something to your drive to give it a distinction from the rest. The software Intel gives you is nice (SSD Toolbox, Intel Acronis software), the hardware kit Kingston gives you is nice (upgrade or external kits). I wish more would find a way to do both and at a reasonable cost.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RunCore Pro V Max 120GB SATA III SSD Review

Post by Apoptosis »

There is really the mentality of being simplistic or over the top these days with SSDs... I think Kingston has by far the best bundle and drive options, but Intel and OCZ lead the way with utilities for SSDs. Kingston sadly isn't known for their software skills, but they are hiring more in that department thanks to the wi-drive. Once they get a mature software team in place I see them doing custom SSD software down the road.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!