NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Surround Gaming Tested

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

When we reviewed the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 graphics card we covered many of the features, but one feature that we didn't have the time to test for the launch article was NVIDIA Surround. The GeForce GTX 680 has the ability to run 3D Vision Surround off a single card! As you can imagine, this makes for a richer gaming experience and we put it to the test today!

After running 2D Surround on the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 for the past week we must say that we were pleasantly surprised with the user experience that we had. It has become clear to us that multi-monitor gaming has matured to the point that it is ready for mainstream adaptation. Before it took running more than one card and the Windows experience with the drivers wasn't that great. NVIDIA changed all that with the new features that are included with the latest GeForce drivers and now you can run both 2D and 3D Surround with a single GeForce 600 'Kepler' series card!
Article Title: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Surround Gaming Tested
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1887/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Surround Gaming Tested

Post by DragonFury »

As a multi monitor user on the ATI side, that Display port has stopped responding BS, does happen on ATI as well ocassionally. Forcing me to disconnect the Active Dp to DVI adapter and rehook it back up. Again it is a minor thing that happens extremely rare. it is more of an annoyance, then a serious problem. Also you can do 3D Vision Surround/Eyefinity for around 300 bones for all three monitors, it wont be 3d capable (2D only) but it will still retain the same aspect ratio that we see with our much more expensive brethren monitors.

Dumb questio as I did not see it, does the Display port require an active display port to HDMI/DVI/VGA like AMD requires if you are running 3 + non DP monitors?
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I ran the NVIDIA card with two DVI cables and a DisplayPort cable... No adapters or anything fancy. My monitors don't have HDMI on them, so that is why I didn't use HDMI as I didn't want to use an adapter. This is also how I ran the MSI R7970 Lightning!

I agree with you, during the testing in this review both cards had the same DisplayPort issues, but trust me it happened less on the NVIDIA card.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sttm »

I love that side by side photo, makes the GTX680 look downright quaint.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
Benjamin.NZ
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Benjamin.NZ »

This review looks like it's saying you probably don't need a 4GB gtx 680? The 2gb version handles large resolutions fine. Is this something I could take from this review?