AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Processor Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

yup yup :)

me sooooo happy, heheh :lol:
BulliT
Legit User
Legit User

Post by BulliT »

After reading all these posts on this thread Im gonna go for the AMD FX60, Im getting an Alienware (dont tell me to DIY, cant be assed/dont have the skill) and I have the choice of the Intel EE or the FX60..

Can any1 tell me how reliable the AMD is coz I have always gone for Intel and I heard stories of AMD being very short life span... buggy... crash alot etc etc, any comments would be great
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

AMD is as stable as Intel.........

They both last aslong as each other, If your into gaming AMD is the way to go, but Intel is just as good....unless your gaming in mid/low resoltions...then AMD 0WNS Intel...

AMD uses less power and produces alot less heat than Intel.....

I'm not trying to talking you into going DIY.....but It's VERY easy and alot cheaper than going with Alienware etc.

Intel & AMD both are good CPU's.....chances are you won't notice the difference between and Intel EE and a FX-60....the GFX card will be holding you back....

Welcom to LRForums BTW....Image
BulliT
Legit User
Legit User

Post by BulliT »

thanx very much for that advice.
Yes I am gamer cod2... The Alienware does have a sweet set of GFX cards btw, 2x 512 7800 GTX SLi
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

BulliT wrote:thanx very much for that advice.
Yes I am gamer cod2... The Alienware does have a sweet set of GFX cards btw, 2x 512 7800 GTX SLi
IF you have a camera, I'd love to see it when up and runnig....and of course posts your 3DMark05 & 3DMark06 Results.....You'll prob blow most of our scores away but hey.... :)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Welcome to the forums and you will be happy with the FX-60. If you live around St. Louis order in the parts and I'll build it for free... LOL

Hope you stick around the forums and post up some pics of the alienware system when you get it all done.
BulliT
Legit User
Legit User

Post by BulliT »

wow thanx man if I was in the USA I may have taken you up on that offer of building me a pc but sadly im in the cold grey UK :(

The machine im buying sounds a beast and now reading what u guyz have said im feeling like a kid on xmas day hehe, I will be ordering my beast Monday or Tuesday, soon as I get my cheque in the bank :D and I will post some pix of her too but u will have to help me with the bench testing stuff I have never done that before..

Aurora™ 7500 yum yum http://www.alienware.co.uk
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

It's pretty easy and we have enough AMD fans on the forums to keep you busy with benchmarking. http://www.futuremark.com has 3DMark06 which is a popular benchmark and //www.sisoftware.net has Sandra 2005 SR3 for memory testing.
BulliT
Legit User
Legit User

Post by BulliT »

Im getting really anxious, its been ordered for 8 days now I wish they would just hurry up and build my PC
Here's my spec's, my m8 helped me choose the best spec for the money, I tried to do away with things like high end sound to cut back on cost... well I cant have it all can I :P I tell ya what though, I'll be living on bread and water for a while, but at least I can game :)

Aurora™ 7500

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-60 Processor with HyperTransport and Dual Core Technology
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition UK with SP2 - English
Warranty: AlienCare 4-Year Free Phone 24/7 and Collect & Return
Case: Alienware® Full-Tower Case - Space Black
Chassis Upgrades: Alienware® Liquid Cooling with AlienIce™ 2.0 Video Cooling System
Power Supply: Enermax EG701AX-VE (W) 600 Watt Power Supply SLI ready
Motherboard: Alienware® nForce™4 SLI™ Chipset Motherboard PCI Express
Memory: 2GB Low-Latency DDR PC-3200 at 400MHz - 4 x 512MB
Video Card: Dual 512MB PCI-Express x16 NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7800 GTX - SLI Enabled
Hard Drive: 148 GB Serial ATA 10,000 rpm w/16MB Cache (2x74GB) - RAID 0
Hard Drive Two: 500GB Serial ATA-II 3Gb 7,200 RPM w/16MB Cache - Quantity 1
Optical Drive One: 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Recorder
Optical Drive Two: 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Recorder
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy™ 4
Network Card: Integrated High Performance 3Com® Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (DSL-ready)
Floppy Drive: 1.44 MB Floppy Drive - Black
Security Software: Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Professional - English
Keyboard: Logitech Internet Keyboard UK - Space Black
Mouse: Logitech® MX™518 Gaming-Grade™ Optical Mouse
Monitor: (None)
Tuning - Cable Management: Alienware® Cable Management System
AlienInspection: AlienInspection - Exclusive Integration and Inspection - £50 Value - FREE!
AlienWiring: AlienWiring - Exclusive Internal Wire Management - £50 Value - FREE!
Free T-Shirt: Alienware® T-Shirt - Black - XL