XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB GDDR5 Video Card Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The AMD Radeon HD 7870 has proven itself to be one of the best mainstream graphics cards on the market. Today we look at the XFX Radeon HD 7870 Black Edition that comes with the companies Dual Dissipation GPU cooler and a factory overclock of 1050 MHz on the core and 1250 MHz on the memory. Read on to see how the XFX Radeon HD 7870 Black Edition performs on our Intel Core i5 2500K test system!

Overclocking the XFX 7870 was enjoyable to say the least. We were able to get an impressive 24% overclock out of our sample card with just a small amount of voltage tweaking. For those of you who don't want to deal with voltage control, we were able to get a 13% overclock on stock volts. In game there was a noticeable difference in performance, which scaled well with our overclocked settings.
Article Title: XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB GDDR5 Video Card Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1967/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
imaginarium
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB GDDR5 Video Card Review

Post by imaginarium »

As usual...nice review, but I would love to see 1 thing added. :mrgreen:

I would love to see the power usage numbers for AMD video cards in crossfire mode. It annoys me to no end that I can easily find power usage numbers for single video cards, but no where, yet, have I found reliable power requirement numbers for ANY pairings of AMD cards. I would love to experiment with duo or even triple Crossfire set-ups, but I can't afford to shell out the money until I find what the power requirements are gonna be for the various crossfire arrangements. :-k

Please...next time, could you good folks there do some sort of power chart detailing power requirements of single, duo, and maybe triple crossfire set-ups? :prayer:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB GDDR5 Video Card Review

Post by Apoptosis »

imaginarium wrote:As usual...nice review, but I would love to see 1 thing added. :mrgreen:

I would love to see the power usage numbers for AMD video cards in crossfire mode. It annoys me to no end that I can easily find power usage numbers for single video cards, but no where, yet, have I found reliable power requirement numbers for ANY pairings of AMD cards. I would love to experiment with duo or even triple Crossfire set-ups, but I can't afford to shell out the money until I find what the power requirements are gonna be for the various crossfire arrangements. :-k

Please...next time, could you good folks there do some sort of power chart detailing power requirements of single, duo, and maybe triple crossfire set-ups? :prayer:
Sadly, this writer is no longer with the site. We also don't get 2 or even 3 of each card sent. It is often hard enough to get them to send us one card.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!