ASUS EA-N66 & Amped SR20000G Wi-Fi Extender Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Setting up a wireless home network is pretty easy to do these days, but have you discovered that the range is lacking? There is nothing more frustrating than having the Wi-Fi signal not reaching where you want to be! The solution to this is to use a Wi-Fi extender that can detect your Wi-Fi signal and then boost that signal so your wireless coverage area is expanded. Read on to see how wireless extenders by ASUS and Amped Wireless perform when we put them to the test!

Today, we have extenders from ASUS (EA-N66) and Amped Wireless (SR20000G) that are designed and built with the same goals in mind: Help extend Wi-Fi signals so that the user can have better coverage in their area. Even though the two devices are built for the same function, they don’t look anything alike.

Article Title: ASUS EA-N66 & Amped SR20000G Wi-Fi Extender Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2088/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: ASUS EA-N66 is $89.99 shipped & the Amped Wireless SR20000G is $139.99
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ASUS EA-N66 & Amped SR20000G Wi-Fi Extender Review

Post by sbohdan »

Thanks for the nice review! :prayer:
The Asus is exactly what I need!
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

sbohdan wrote:Thanks for the nice review! :prayer:
The Asus is exactly what I need!
The EA-N66 is pretty nice. We really liked it. Hopefully, we can get some others in for comparison.
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Just got this today and it is pretty darn impressive. Too bad it is not dual band but I actually set it up as an ethernet adapter on the 5ghz band from my E4200 then went back in and set it up as a repeater on the 2.4ghz band :) I lost connection to the device from my main system (which is hooked up through a wired router to the Asus on the 5ghz band) but the network still works for the NAS, printer and computer and the wireless signal went sky high on the 2.4ghz band!

So it seems you can separate the bands for dual functionality....although I have not restarted my computer yet but I doubt that should change anything. I do still have access to the asusrouter.com screen on any device on the 2.4ghz band though and I think I should be able to access it through the ip addy on the 5ghz band devices too.

I was really shocked when this worked but also happy I can use it like I wanted, as a repeater and an ethernet adapter.

Now if only I could get real broadband again :( Living in the country is great for some things but sucks for others.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: