AMD Radeon HD 7990 6GB Malta Video Card Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The AMD Radeon HD 7990 6GB GDDR5 graphic card has 806 billion transistors, 4096 stream processor, 8.2 Tflops of computing power, 48 lanes of PCI Express 3.0 for 96GB of interGPU bandwidth and can power up to 5 simultaneous monitors with AMD EyeFinity Technology. Read on to see how this mighty dual-GPU video card that retails for $999 and comes with eight game titles does when we put it to the test!

The AMD Radeon HD 7990 6GB dual-GPU behemoth is finally here. We've been talking about the AMD Radeon HD 7990 for years, so to finally see AMD release a card is exhilarating and saddening at the same time. This card is the culmination of years of work and likely marks the pinnacle of the AMD Radeon HD 7000 series of GPUs. Then again it's also likely the fastest AMD Radeon HD 7000 series card to ever be released by AMD...
Article Title: AMD Radeon HD 7990 6GB Malta Video Card Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2177/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $999.99
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: AMD Radeon HD 7990 6GB Malta Video Card Review

Post by sbohdan »

I wonder how this card would score with watercooling and as temps would be much better, how much OC could you get on this monster? It seems clear with all the throttleing in furmark, that temps are way too high and the cooler is not sufficient. We only saw the GPU temps but I suspect, the memory and especially the VRM chips are way too hot and could use much better cooling on them. If I spend $1000 on a video card, than water cooling is a natural requirement in my opinion...
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: AMD Radeon HD 7990 6GB Malta Video Card Review

Post by Major_A »

Is it worth a $5,000-$10,000 investment to capture frames and report on something that has a fix in the works? We'll let you tell us!
No. Just for the reasons you said. I appreciate the work that a site did to find this issue to begin with but I don't think AMD is going to let this continue for much longer.