Intel Iris Graphics Announced For 4th Gen Core Processors

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

Today Intel unveiled the performance capabilities of Intel Iris graphics, which will be available on select SKUs of our highly-anticipated 4th Gen Intel Core processor family. For the very first time Intel is showing off 3DMark performance benchmarks, so read on to find out what is in store for all of us when Haswell processors come out!
The Intel Core i7-3770K 3.9GHz quad-core processor with Intel HD 4000 Graphics as the baseline going against some new Haswell processors. The first comparison is against the Intel Core i7-4770K 3.9GHz quad-processor that has Intel HD 4600 Graphics. Since both processors have the same clock frequencies and number of cores/threads it shows that Intel was able to get a 20-70% performance gain in the three 3DMark benchmarks shown. The final processor shown in this chart is the Intel Core i7-4770R and it dominates...
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2185/1/
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: Intel Iris Graphics Announced For 4th Gen Core Processor

Post by sgkean »

Looks like it's going to be a nice generation to hopefully last the years until the next one.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

They have a long way to go to catch AMD. For all of us that is a very good thing. I'd hate to think of only one real (sorry VIA) X86 company in the market.
Thunder350
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Thunder350 »

Major_A wrote:They have a long way to go to catch AMD.
AMD has been out of the game for years... :?
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Thunder350 wrote:
I think Major_A is referring to integrated graphics, Intel is a pooch in those. Take a look at laptops--most new Intel i3 to i5 laptops have the lowly HD3000/4000 graphics, while when a company wants to make Intel-cored top end i7 stuff, it usually has the RADEON graphics engines that you can find on the cheapest AMD-cored laptops. So it all depends on what is most important to you--excellent graphics or raw horsepower for computing.
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Thunder350 wrote:

:toimonster:
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Thunder350 wrote:
The article was about Intel's new graphics and that what my comment was about. It looks like Richland is coming out next month and that will widen the gap.
StriderTR
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by StriderTR »

AMD is far from out of any game. Intel has the raw CPU power market cornered, however for a wide host of other uses, AMD processors and APU's are extremely competitive, especailly for gaming.

Anyway, it's nice to see Intel playing catch-up when it comes to integrated graphics. I hate to sound harsh, or like a dreaded "fan boy", but Intel graphic solutions have been sadly lacking for a very long time. I think the only reason they are even pursuing it now is to compete with AMD's APU's. It's nice to see it happening though, since it will hopefully spur advancement in the integrated market. Kudos to Intel.
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0GHz - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX - XFX DD Radeon 7970 BE @ 1100MhHz/1575MHz & EVGA GT640 Hybrid PhysX - 16GB A-Data XPG 1600
i7-3820 @ 3.8GHz - MSI X79A-GD45 Plus - XFX DD Radeon 7950 BE - 32GB A-Data XPG 1600