Vantec SATA/IDE to USB 3.0 Adapter Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vantec SATA/IDE to USB 3.0 Adapter Review

Post by Apoptosis »

All storage drives fail at some point and there is likely a situation where you wanted to connect a drive to your computer to work on, but couldn’t easily do so. Vantec came up with a nifty little product called the Vantec SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter years ago that allowed you to take any SATA or IDE drive and connect it to your PC through a USB 2.0 data port. Vantec even included an external power brick to power 5.25″ optical drives and 3.5″ hard drives with this external adapter. The small adapter was ingenious as it ensured that you should always have a way to connect drives to your desktop or laptop without opening a case or fiddling about the inside of your PC to get it connected to the motherboard. Vantec recently came out with a new USB 3.0 version of this adapter and that is what we are reviewing today!

Article Title: Vantec SATA/IDE to USB 3.0 Adapter Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/vantec-sata ... iew_131412
Pricing At Time of Print: $29.99 Shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vantec SATA/IDE to USB 3.0 Adapter Review

Post by Apoptosis »

This product finally died. Was using it on a desktop and suddenly was having stability issues in Windows and then finally after about a week of switching out RAM and removing the overclock the system wouldn't post. It was an ASUS board and I was getting Q-Code b4, which means USB Hot Plug. Removed this USB cable from the back panel and the system was working like a champ. It lasted about 4.5 years with moderate use.

Looked to see what this $30 device from 2013 costs today and was shocked to see it on Newegg for $70. No thanks!

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... 6812232048
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: Vantec SATA/IDE to USB 3.0 Adapter Review

Post by KnightRid »

Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: