Intel Compute Stick Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Intel Compute Stick Review

Post by Apoptosis »

How we access the internet on a daily basis has drastically changed over the past five years and there has been a clear shift away from the desktop PC. Intel knows that the market is changing and doesn’t want to miss out on the shifting market, so they are working on a number of new products that will help keep traditional computers relevant even though they might not look like a PC. One of the products that Intel has been working on in recent months is the Intel Compute Stick. The Intel Compute Stick was designed to allow users around the world to quickly and easily make any HD television a computer. Like it or not it appears that we are entering the era of having an entire PC on an stick!

Article Title: Intel Compute Stick Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/intel-compu ... iew_162077
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Intel Compute Stick Review

Post by sbohdan »

Intel Atom 1.33 and 2GB single channel RAM? No thanks. I had that in a netbook and had enough of waiting and frustration. They should of at least make it 2x1GB Dual channel RAM to have more memory bandwith because single channel just won't cut it! And intel Atom is a piece of crap too.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

sbohdan wrote:Intel Atom 1.33 and 2GB single channel RAM? No thanks. I had that in a netbook and had enough of waiting and frustration. They should of at least make it 2x1GB Dual channel RAM to have more memory bandwith because single channel just won't cut it! And intel Atom is a piece of crap too.
Yeah, like I said using the Intel Compute Stick takes some patience when using it if you are used to high-end desktop PCs. I had a really bad experience with the Bluetooth controller and honestly wish Intel would have just disabled it and launched the product without it since it isn't working right. I'm crossing my fingers and hope they get a driver fix out that works before it ships to customers. Like I said in my review though you need to use an RF keyboard/mouse for sure.
Follow Me on Twitter!
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by sgkean »

Just got a retail one from Intel for work to test. Will take a look and see if the BT is any better than you experienced.

I have a meeting with Intel on Thursday to discuss the 2nd generation Compute Stick, as well as an Enterprise version :)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

sgkean wrote:Just got a retail one from Intel for work to test. Will take a look and see if the BT is any better than you experienced.

I have a meeting with Intel on Thursday to discuss the 2nd generation Compute Stick, as well as an Enterprise version :)
Nope, there is no fix for the BT and it's horrible with a BT mouse. Have fun!
Follow Me on Twitter!