G.SKILL Trident Z 4000MHz DDR4 Memory Kit Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

G.SKILL Trident Z 4000MHz DDR4 Memory Kit Review

Post by Apoptosis »

G.Skill has one of the largest and most respected DDR4 memory kit lineups on the market and they are always trying to develop and release faster memory kits for enthusiasts. The G.Skill Trident Z series of memory was designed specifically to offer extreme performance applications and feature the best Samsung DDR4 ICs that G.Skill could purchase. G.Skill than sorted/binned all the Samsung IC's that they purchased and came up with 11 different speed grades ranging from 2800 MHz to 4266 MHz with regards to 8GB (2 x 4GB) dual-channel DDR4 memory kits that we are going to be focusing on today. With that many speed grades available it basically forces the enthusiast to purchase a memory kit by the price of the kit as most of the sorting fun was done at the factory. The kit that we will be reviewing today is the G.Skill Trident Z 4000MHz 8GB (2x4GB) memory kit that is sold under part number F4-4000C19D-8GTZ for $209.99 shipped.

Read on to see how it performs!

Article Title: G.SKILL Trident Z 4000MHz DDR4 Memory Kit Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/g-skill-tri ... iew_176358
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: G.SKILL Trident Z 4000MHz DDR4 Memory Kit Review

Post by sbohdan »

I see no reason in real life performance to justify buying anything else than the cheapest RAM available. You better spend the money on upgrading other components or just save it for other things.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: G.SKILL Trident Z 4000MHz DDR4 Memory Kit Review

Post by Apoptosis »

sbohdan wrote:I see no reason in real life performance to justify buying anything else than the cheapest RAM available. You better spend the money on upgrading other components or just save it for other things.
True to a certain degree, but a decent kit of memory is all you need unless you have no money concerns. I'd stick to the better known brands for RMA reasons alone and the difference between DDR4 2133MHz and DDR4 4000MHz is pretty decent when it comes to bandwidth.
aida-scaling.jpg
Granted performance in games and all that don't go up too much, it still goes up a bit and any small gain is welcomed when you can afford it.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!