ACER Predator X34 Curved G-Sync Gaming Display Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ACER Predator X34 Curved G-Sync Gaming Display Review

Post by Apoptosis »

If you are looking for a curved monitor with NVIDIA G-Sync support the Acer Predator X34 might be exactly what you are looking for. This monster 34-inch curved display sports an IPS panel with a 3440x1440 screen resolution for a 21:9 aspect ratio. The monitors default 60Hz refresh rate might not be anything to get excited about, but Acer is letting users overclock the panel up to 100Hz if they are using the DispalyPort video input to help cut down on motion blur. Read on to see how this monitor performs!

Article Title: ACER Predator X34 Curved G-Sync Gaming Display Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/acer-predat ... iew_176405
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ACER Predator X34 Curved G-Sync Gaming Display Review

Post by sbohdan »

Looks like a nice monitor. What about screen tearing? I found no mention in the review. Is there any?
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

sbohdan wrote:Looks like a nice monitor. What about screen tearing? I found no mention in the review. Is there any?
None that was obvious when I had G-Sync enabled and gaming on the titles I mentioned on the gaming page! I didn't do a ton of game titles though as I wasn't focused on G-Sync!

It was slightly better than my first curved gaming experience... Check out the vertical lines on that bad boy projection display.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Calamar
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Calamar »

Lately when I look for a new product with certain specifications after looking what reviewers say, the second thing I do is type in google stuff like:

product X error
product X problems
product X users opinion
product X hangs

and then more specific issues about parts like display, keyboard, bleeding, construction quality, etc.

The point is, I'm finding people's "general opinion" about a product, once purchased, used and suffered from warranty issues, its more valuable to me than review itself. Because you're unable to find those little tricky things manufacturers hide behind marketing and a nice bezel. Sometimes because you dont want to screw up your relation with the manufacturer with specific questions that require an "official" answer, sometimes because you dont have time to test it deeply.

I think this product is one of those that requires a bottom line saying "but be aware of this" linking to official forums.