Netgear Nighthawk X8 R8500 AC5300 WiFi Router Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Netgear Nighthawk X8 R8500 AC5300 WiFi Router Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Today, we take our first look at Netgear’s flagship router, the Nighthawk X8 R8500 AC5300 WiFi Router. This router has hit shelves just in time for the holiday gift buying season and is priced at around $343 shipped from most major retailers. This price certainly reflects the standing of the Nighthawk X8 as the leader in the Netgear series of routers but our expectations of what this router brings to the table are high as this is one of the most expensive home networking devices we have looked at...

Article Title: Netgear Nighthawk X8 R8500 AC5300 WiFi Router Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/netgear-nig ... iew_178341
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: Netgear Nighthawk X8 R8500 AC5300 WiFi Router Review

Post by KnightRid »

Last page of review - At $3434.44 shipped, - I mean, it's overpriced anyway but that is just crazy :lol:

I honestly do not understand the reasoning behind a $300+ router. Most people dont even want to pay that for an entire computer anymore (cheap bastards) so this will be a niche market until they can drop that price by no less than 50%.

I am also still not convinced on the range of the 5ghz band since my Linksys (E4200 I think) without AC of course has such a short 5ghz range it is practically useless.

On the bright side, it does sound like a leader of the pack in the router field and I would love to play with AC 5ghz to see just how good the range is in a normal house environment but just not at $300+ (yea, I am one of those cheap bastards lol)
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Netgear Nighthawk X8 R8500 AC5300 WiFi Router Review

Post by Apoptosis »

KnightRid wrote:Last page of review - At $3434.44 shipped, - I mean, it's overpriced anyway but that is just crazy :lol:

I honestly do not understand the reasoning behind a $300+ router. Most people dont even want to pay that for an entire computer anymore (cheap bastards) so this will be a niche market until they can drop that price by no less than 50%.

I am also still not convinced on the range of the 5ghz band since my Linksys (E4200 I think) without AC of course has such a short 5ghz range it is practically useless.

On the bright side, it does sound like a leader of the pack in the router field and I would love to play with AC 5ghz to see just how good the range is in a normal house environment but just not at $300+ (yea, I am one of those cheap bastards lol)
fixed the price... it dropped from 344 to 343 the day I posted it and fat fingered it :)
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!