Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DX11 Video Card Benchmarks

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DX11 Video Card Benchmarks

Post by Apoptosis »

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided came out yesterday and while the PC version looks good despite being tough on graphics cards. We’ve gotten over the disappointment Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will not be getting DX12 support until September and that folks paid for day 1 DLC and are only allowed to use it once. The good news for us is that we are interested in how Deus Ex: Mankind Divided performs, so we’ll skip the general stuff and look how eight different NVIDIA and AMD desktop graphics cards perform.

Article Title: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DX11 Video Card Benchmarks
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/deus-ex-man ... rks_185666
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DX11 Video Card Benchmarks

Post by KnightRid »

nice to see the comparison but I would have liked to have seen the minimum cards displayed (since i have the 660) to see if they could actually handle the game at any decent settings or if you would have to play at 640x480 :lol:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

KnightRid wrote:nice to see the comparison but I would have liked to have seen the minimum cards displayed (since i have the 660) to see if they could actually handle the game at any decent settings or if you would have to play at 640x480 :lol:
yeah, the problem is time as you'd imagine.

9 tests x 2 times each for the frame buffer testing (18 runs x 90 seconds = 27 minutes)

9 video cards x 3 resolutions x 2 runs each (54 runs x 90 seconds = 1 hour 21 minutes)

10-15 minutes per card to remove drivers, swap cards, run driver cleaner, re-install drivers and reboot (1.5 to 2 hours for 9 cards)

Actually playing the game on some of the cards 2-3 hours

Then you have to edit photos, make charts and write the article ~2 hours

Basically an 8 hour day at least in that article and I stopped going lower as the FPS was already at 45FPS on high IQ settings. A GeForce GTX 660 is the minimum spec for this game title, so you'd have to run it on low/med for 1080P gaming. I was trying to get the review out within 48 hours of the game launching to get traffic. Other hardware sites got early access to the game, but I did not. This was a bought copy off Steam.

Other sites have the GeForce GTX 660 2GB running an average of 19 FPS at 1080P with high settings, 22 FPS at 1080P with medium settings. I can't find any one that tested with low image quality settings, but for a GeForce GTX 660 2GB card that it what you'd need to run at to be able to play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided!

Here is part of their medium chart:
medium.jpg
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

I've been playing this all week with whatever setting the GeForce Experience defaulted to and have had a pretty solid 60FPS at 2560x1440 on my eVGA GTX 1080 FTW at it's factory clock settings. I was wondering why DirectX 12 was disabled in the options, thanks for the heads up.

Do you expect to see any huge performance gains on the nVidia side with DirectX 12?

I'm expecting to see some pretty big leaps on the AMD side, especially as this is one of the two majorly hyped titles for AMD cards right now with the other being Ashes of the Singularity.