Gigabyte Brix Gaming UHD Mini-PC Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gigabyte Brix Gaming UHD Mini-PC Review

Post by Apoptosis »

The Gigabyte Brix Gaming UDH is a vertically oriented gaming system that features an Intel Core i7 ‘Skylake’ processor and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 graphics card with pricing starting at $999. Gigabyte has two Brix Gaming UHD models; GB-BNi5HG4-950 with an Intel Core i5-5300HQ processor and then there is the GB-BNi7HG4-950 with the more powerful Intel Core i7-6700HQ processor. Only the GB-BNi7HG4-950 will be available in the United States and that is the model that we are focusing on today...

Article Title: Gigabyte Brix Gaming UHD Mini-PC Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/gigabyte-br ... 950_188376
Pricing At Time of Print: $1059.99 shipped at Amazon
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Gigabyte Brix Gaming UHD Mini-PC Review

Post by sbohdan »

Looks just like my garbage bin :)

A GTX 950 for gaming? Say what?! Pathetic to call this a gaming PC.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

sbohdan wrote:Looks just like my garbage bin :)

A GTX 950 for gaming? Say what?! Pathetic to call this a gaming PC.
So the conclusion wasn't too rough? :)
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

This is a gaming pc for 10" screens at 180p :mrgreen:

Huge fail for Gigabyte. I have their motherboards and I think graphics cards in both my desktops and tell everyone to buy them (especially above ASCrap) but this is one thing I will tell people to stay far away from.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

It's been available on Amazon since October 6th and there are no reviews and no questions. (Don't think many are buying it) On Newegg there are two mostly positive reviews, but one notes the loud fan.
I ran Handbrake converting a 5 GB movie to MP4 format to see what this little baby could do and that's when I heard the fan go crazy as I think Handbrake really taxed the CPU's. It was pretty damm loud. Sounded like a jet engine. Just be aware of that.
This part of his review made me laugh...
It comes with a driver disk but as the unit doesn't have a CD/DVD drive
Follow Me on Twitter!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

The driver disk is the one that gets me on stuff anymore. Most systems don't run optical drives, yet dam near everything comes with a disk.

My favorite ones are the things that don't come with anything just a note that says to download the newest driver from their site. Sucks if you don't have a way to download it for fresh installs. Guess with Win10 that may not be to crazy, windows could chunk some generic driver in there, but still. lol.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson