AMD Ryzen – What We Learned At CES 2017

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

AMD Ryzen – What We Learned At CES 2017

Post by Apoptosis »

In the days leading up to CES2017 we found ourselves most excited to see what AMD would be showing off with Ryzen CPU series. The anticipation for the new processor series for AMD is growing every day thanks to the marketing machine over at AMD continually showing it performing better than an Intel Core i7-6900K processor that costs over $1000. The thought of AMD releasing a processor that can compete with Skylake-E at any level a year ago, would have caused laughter in the room. Now, it looks like AMD has something that appears to come close to that performance level in applications like Blender and Handbrake...

Article Title: AMD Ryzen – What We Learned At CES 2017
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-ryzen-l ... 017_190305
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: AMD Ryzen – What We Learned At CES 2017

Post by KnightRid »

Again, they HAVE to undercut pricing by quite a bit on both the cpu and MB side to make most people wake up from the stagnant era of AMD. If they release a processor that is faster than the i7-6900K and at a third of the price, THAT would be headline news that may make the competition start again in the cpu market. If they have it faster than the i7-6900K and price it within $200, no point switching to AMD.

Real numbers from Legit Reviews will be much anticipated!!!!!
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

They processors don't even have the clock speeds set nor are they in mass production. No 'real' numbers to give you even if we were able to run more benchmarks on the early samples.
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Apoptosis wrote:They processors don't even have the clock speeds set nor are they in mass production. No 'real' numbers to give you even if we were able to run more benchmarks on the early samples.
I know, I am just excited to see numbers. It will be so awesome if AMD comes out swinging like they did years ago and knocks Intel down a peg or two. Should be soon if the reports of them starting to come out the end of February/beginning of March are true.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

KnightRid wrote:
Apoptosis wrote:They processors don't even have the clock speeds set nor are they in mass production. No 'real' numbers to give you even if we were able to run more benchmarks on the early samples.
I know, I am just excited to see numbers. It will be so awesome if AMD comes out swinging like they did years ago and knocks Intel down a peg or two. Should be soon if the reports of them starting to come out the end of February/beginning of March are true.
I'm holding out, hoping the numbers are good! Both speeds and pricing! [-o<
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

crossing my fingers as it will make for articles people will want to read.

Kaby Lake was one of the least read launch day articles ever published on this site.
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Apoptosis wrote:crossing my fingers as it will make for articles people will want to read.

Kaby Lake was one of the least read launch day articles ever published on this site.
Intel has gotten stale. Sure they increase the power and performance of each processor but it is just by a little bit so they can charge a higher price for a while. I still have the i7-3770K cpu and see no reason to spend the money for a new MB and CPU as this one does everything I need it to. There is just nothing new that says WOW, I need a new setup. Especially when they started putting craptastic Mcafee stuff built in.

I know they are going bonkers over the GPU performance in the chip but it will take a lot more to hold a candle to a high end discrete card or even a middle of the road one.

One of these days (Ryzen maybe) a cpu will come out like the first corei chips that makes everyone orgasm and start saving for new equipment.