Intel Core i7-6900K Processor Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Intel Core i7-6900K Processor Review

Post by Apoptosis »

AMD showed at the New Horizon event that their upcoming Ryzen 8-core 16-thread processors running at 3.4 GHz with 20 MB of cache can compete with the Intel Core i7-6900K Broadwell-E processor, which is Intel’s High-End Desktop Platform (HEDT) 8-core 16-thread CPU (3.2 GHz base/3.7 GHz Boost/20MB Cache) that costs $1029.64 shipped over at Amazon. . That is impressive seeing how the AMD FX Series of processors struggles to keep up with most any Intel quad-core processor released over the past several years. We’ve never actually benchmarked the Intel Core i7-6900K processor and seeing how AMD is focusing the performance of Ryzen against that particular processor it seemed like it might be a good idea to have an Intel 8-core processor in our benchmark charts for comparison sake.

Article Title: Intel Core i7-6900K Processor Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/intel-core- ... iew_191040
Pricing At Time of Print: $1029.64 shipped over at Amazon
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Intel Core i7-6900K Processor Review

Post by sbohdan »

Intel with it's insanely overpriced flagship CPU's would realy deserve a big kick in the nuts from AMD! I hope this will happen and that would push down the highest price below $1K. and also normalize prices in the lower segment as well.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
KnightRid

Re: Intel Core i7-6900K Processor Review

Post by KnightRid »

Exactly what I am hoping for and have said for years. AMD has to come out of the gate with an over the top processor at a VERY low price to make people look at them again and help lower Intel pricing or take a ton of business away from them. If it is a $250 price difference, I would still go with Intel because of the track record in the past years fro AMD. Take that cpu that will beat the high end Intel offerings and price it at $500 or less and make people take notice again. It has been too long since a great AMD cpu.

Oh well, all companies have to make profits for investors in the stock and every year they need to make more and more money even though they are already profitable just to satisfy people earning more and more from their investments. Such a sad system.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: