AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Overclocking – Best Ryzen Processor?

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Overclocking – Best Ryzen Processor?

Post by Apoptosis »

On Thursday, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) launched their Ryzen 7 processor series and we looked at all three processors in our launch article. Over the past several days we’ve been able to spend more time with the Ryzen 7 1800X, 1700X and 1700 and we’ve found ourselves really starting to like the Ryzen 7 1700 processor the best from an enthusiast perspective. For starts the AMD Ryzen 7 1700 is the lowest price processor of the group at $329.99 shipped and it just happens to be the only model that comes with an AMD Wraith CPU cooler.

Article Title: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Overclocking – Best Ryzen Processor?
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-ryzen-7 ... sor_192191
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Overclocking – Best Ryzen Processor?

Post by KnightRid »

Again, the Veracrypt graphic is blurry - wtf? LMAO I told the wife I may be having a stroke but she said it was blurry to her also and then added "dammit' :| Oh and they are not blurry when you click on it just on the static page.

Ok, other graphics are blurry too, like the thief page - a bunch are.

Maybe I need more coffee.

I am very impressed with the overclocking capabilities of the low end 7 but not with the MB being a $300 beast that is almost as much as the CPU! Are there lower priced MB that will support the good OC for the 7 CPU? Power goes up a lot and that is a bummer but nothing that would make me not buy it. I wonder how the OC would do if you ran it for a solid week or so with a rendering project running 24/7. I am wondering because of how close everyone is saying AMD pushed the CPU to the edge to get the performance, I wonder if OC'ing these will drastically reduce lifespan.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

It's just because the images are larger than the width of the site. That means when I upload them to Wordpress a 3rd party utility needs to resize them down and the new smaller image it creates is sometimes blurry due to the compression. The original image is one I saved from Microsoft Excel and put into Photoshop CC 2017 and saved for web at 70% as a JPEG.

The images are starting to get time consuming for these larger reviews... The original Ryzen 7 roundup of all 3 processors had 81 images alone in it. This one only has 36, but 25+ were just charts.
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

There are a lot of pictures! You could always do a video 8)
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

You going to handle the editing side? :)
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Apoptosis wrote:You going to handle the editing side? :)
My internet is faster now as I can get about 5mbps down and 1.5 up so you could send me raw video for a week LMAO