AMD Ryzen - Single-Rank Versus Dual-Rank DDR4 Memory Performance

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

AMD Ryzen - Single-Rank Versus Dual-Rank DDR4 Memory Performance

Post by Apoptosis »

After finishing up our DDR4 memory scaling article on an AMD Ryzen processor with an AMD X370 chipset powered board we were left wondering if memory performance and scaling was similar on different AMX X370 motherboards from different manufacturers. We gathered up the MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM ($299.99), GIGABYTE GA-AX370-Gaming 5 ($194.99) and ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero ($254.99) motherboards as the three boards that we were going to try out. Looking at the 'big 3' motherboard markers should give us a pretty good idea if there are any big differences to be had with regards to the memory subsystem.

Article Title: AMD Ryzen - Single-Rank Versus Dual-Rank DDR4 Memory Performance
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-ryzen-s ... nce_192960
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KurtisTer
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: AMD Ryzen - Single-Rank Versus Dual-Rank DDR4 Memory Performance

Post by KurtisTer »

KnightR3id wrote:After finishing up our DDR4 memory scaling article on an AMD Ryzen processor with an AMD X370 chipset powered board we were left wondering if memory performance and scaling was similar on different AMX X370 motherboards from different manufacturers. We gathered up the MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM ($299.99), GIGABYTE GA-AX370-Gaming 5 ($194.99) and ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero ($254.99) motherboards as the three boards that we were going to try out. Looking at the 'big 3' motherboard markers should give us a pretty good idea if there are any big differences to be had with regards to the memory subsystem.
Thanks for the comparison. It seems there's not a huge difference between them.
Last edited by KurtisTer on Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
KnightRid

Re: AMD Ryzen - Single-Rank Versus Dual-Rank DDR4 Memory Performance

Post by KnightRid »

I am still on DDR3. 3rd gen Corei7 too. I suck.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: