Intel Introduces Skylake-X, Kaby Lake-X and X299 Platform

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Intel Introduces Skylake-X, Kaby Lake-X and X299 Platform

Post by Apoptosis »

Intel has finally taken wraps off its long-awaited Core X-Series processors and accompanying X299 chipset, which means high-end desktop computing is going to be getting a big horsepower injection! The Intel Core X-series processor family introduces Intel’s first teraflop desktop CPUs, the entirely new Intel Core i9 processor, and the first consumer desktop CPU with 18 cores and 36 threads. This is by far the fastest desktop processor every released, but Intel is actually introducing a total of 9 processors for the new ‘Basin Falls’ X299 platform ranging in price from $242 for a quad-core Intel Core i5-7640X all the way up to $1,999 for the Intel Core i9-7980XE 18-core monster.

Article Title: Intel Introduces Skylake-X, Kaby Lake-X and X299 Platform
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/intel-intro ... orm_195017
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Intel Introduces Skylake-X, Kaby Lake-X and X299 Platform

Post by bubba »

must repeat to myself "you are saving money for a new house" and avoid all talk about the new systems....

wonder if I could sneak on of these monsters in to the budget at work for a new desktop :-k :lol: :mrgreen:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

Would be nice to see a comparison of the Core i7-7800X and the Rysen 1700 ($299 on Amazon) that can be OC'd to 4Ghz. Both should be compared stock and OC'd. Since these are the sweetspots of AMD and Intel in multicore CPU segment. I know that Intel will probably be faster but the question is - is it worth the price difference?
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I know!!!!! I cant wait till they are out in the wild and being tested against the Ryzen!

My i7-3770k is still chugging along though so I doubt I will get one but it is fun to see the competition, if there is any. Plus I want a 3d printer 8)
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: