AMD Radeon RX Vega Benchmark Review: Vega 64 and Vega 56 Tested

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

AMD Radeon RX Vega Benchmark Review: Vega 64 and Vega 56 Tested

Post by Apoptosis »

Ready or not AMD’s answer for a high-end series of consumer desktop graphics cards is finally here! The Radeon Technologies Group is launching the Radeon RX VEGA 64 and Vega 56 today. The AMD Radeon RX VEGA 64 is powered by the full fat VEGA 10 GPU that contains 64 Compute Units and 4096 stream processors. Read on to see how they perform!

Article Title: AMD Radeon RX Vega Benchmark Review: Vega 64 and Vega 56 Tested
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-radeon- ... ted_196989
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: AMD Radeon RX Vega Benchmark Review: Vega 64 and Vega 56 Tested

Post by KnightRid »

Ouch. So drop the cards to a lower price point and sell a ton more to the budget gamers (me lol - well wait, I am cheap, not budget) because they do not command the price they are listed at, in my opinion. Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone else :finga:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

KnightRid wrote:Ouch. So drop the cards to a lower price point and sell a ton more to the budget gamers (me lol - well wait, I am cheap, not budget) because they do not command the price they are listed at, in my opinion. Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone else :finga:

They can't due to the high cost of HMB2 memory. I don' think there is much profit to be had on these even at the prices they are at now. NVIDIA is delaying Volta likely due to two reasons...

1) Vega is not a threat to Pascal let alone Volta
2) HMB2 memory is expensive

Check out this article at PC Gamer from yesterday.
At some time in the future, Nvidia will cook up new graphics cards based on its next-generation Volta GPU architecture. The question is, when? Nvidia has not announced a release date, though company boss Jensen Huang did put to rest any rumors that Volta might arrive in the gaming scene before the end of the year. That's not going to happen.

"Volta for gaming, we haven't announced anything. And all I can say is that our pipeline is filled with some exciting new toys for the gamers, and we have some really exciting new technology to offer them in the pipeline. But for the holiday season for the foreseeable future, I think Pascal is just unbeatable," Huang stated during a recent earnings call.

"It's just the best thing out there. And everybody who's looking forward to playing Call of Duty or Destiny 2, if they don't already have one, should run out and get themselves a Pascal."
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I would stay with Pascal too if I were Nvidia as it is a beast and nothing touches it, plus it is probably getting cheaper to produce as they can pump them out at a greater quantity. Maybe by next year prices will get better and they can release them at a decent price point. Although I don't buy high end graphics cards as they are way too much for my cheap self :)
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: