Intel Core i7-8700K and Core i5-8400 Processor Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Intel Core i7-8700K and Core i5-8400 Processor Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we are able to show you the benchmark results for the Intel Core i7-8700K and Core i5-8400 6-core Coffee Lake processors! Many enthusiasts have become accustomed to the incremental 5-10 percent speed bump that comes with each new processor generation, but this time its different as Intel increased the core count on the 8th Gen processor series. Read on to see if it helps, but here are some teaser shots.

Article Title: Intel Core i7-8700K and Core i5-8400 Processor Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/intel-core- ... ake_198473
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: Intel Core i7-8700K and Core i5-8400 Processor Review

Post by KnightRid »

My 3770k is getting long in the tooth! Would love to upgrade but have to replace cpu, mb and memory since I am on ddr3 yet. Also have to fight to get windows back on the new system....maybe....i have no idea how windows 10 pro handles new hardware. Would be nice if MS would get their heads out of their asses and make an OS that you could change hardware, it would see it and install the new drivers automatically while also removing the old drivers...

Dream on, dream on.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

KnightRid wrote:My 3770k is getting long in the tooth! Would love to upgrade but have to replace cpu, mb and memory since I am on ddr3 yet. Also have to fight to get windows back on the new system....maybe....i have no idea how windows 10 pro handles new hardware. Would be nice if MS would get their heads out of their asses and make an OS that you could change hardware, it would see it and install the new drivers automatically while also removing the old drivers...

Dream on, dream on.
Windows 10 v1703 installed on the Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard without any major issues. LAN worked straight away and didn't have to fight anything. I of course installed the latest Intel Chipset INF and MEI drivers that they gave us, but that was all that was really needed to get running. I did update the Intel Gigabit LAN driver and others to more recent builds, but the Windows 10 baked in drivers worked fine.
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Apoptosis wrote:Windows 10 v1703 installed on the Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard without any major issues. LAN worked straight away and didn't have to fight anything. I of course installed the latest Intel Chipset INF and MEI drivers that they gave us, but that was all that was really needed to get running. I did update the Intel Gigabit LAN driver and others to more recent builds, but the Windows 10 baked in drivers worked fine.
With that installation remove the motherboard/cpu/memory and replace all 3 and see how windows reacts - that's what I was talking about ;)

I always hate to do fresh installs just because of all the little tweaks. If i could reinstall all my programs and settings with one click, I would refresh windows every 3 months probably but having to reinstall every single thing and change settings on all of them is just a pain in the butt.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

KnightRid wrote:remove the motherboard/cpu/memory and replace all 3 and see how windows reacts
Oh boy... lol
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Apoptosis wrote:
KnightRid wrote:remove the motherboard/cpu/memory and replace all 3 and see how windows reacts
Oh boy... lol
YA - That is what I am talking about. It is a nightmare.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

It's always suggested that one do a clean install when swapping a board/cpu!
Follow Me on Twitter!