Seagate BarraCuda Pro 12TB Hard Drive Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Seagate BarraCuda Pro 12TB Hard Drive Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Seagate recently announced new 12TB 3.5-inch hard drives for desktop and NAS use aimed that those that need massive amounts of storage space. Those that have large data storage needs know that hard drives are still relevant due to their reliability and low price points. The new Seagate 12TB drives that were released this month make up the BarraCuda Pro, IronWolf, and IronWolf Pro product families. Today, we’ll be taking a closer look at the Seagate BarraCuda Pro 12TB drive that is a successor to last years 10TB drive...

Article Title: Seagate BarraCuda Pro 12TB Hard Drive Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/seagate-bar ... iew_198915
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: Seagate BarraCuda Pro 12TB Hard Drive Review

Post by KnightRid »

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any numbers for the heat of the drive. How hot does it get under full load especially in a NAS enclosure.

I could buy another thousand or so blu-ray discs and rip them to my NAS if I had these puppies in there....oh wait, they want you to pay for the blu-rays and hard drives. Damn dream sequences.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

KnightRid wrote:Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any numbers for the heat of the drive. How hot does it get under full load especially in a NAS enclosure.

I could buy another thousand or so blu-ray discs and rip them to my NAS if I had these puppies in there....oh wait, they want you to pay for the blu-rays and hard drives. Damn dream sequences.
Temps are shown in the HD Tune screenshots and I thought I mentioned the never got out of the low 40's on the test bench. I most certainly would not use this drive in a NAS though. The IronWolf models are the drives suited for NAS use, not this one.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Oh duh, sorry bout that. yea I got all excited for a NAS drive (although I just replaced the 4tb with 8tb in mine) and never noticed it was the desktop model....pain meds mess with me sometimes.

Yes the temps are shown in the hd tune shots and it seems they never went above 40 which is very nice.

Don't know why a home user would want 12TB of storage on a single drive with no back up though....talk about recipe for disaster!
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: