SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable SSD Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable SSD Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Most of our readers wouldn’t buy or build a new computer today without an SSD inside. SSDs have come a long way over the past decade and once you’d had one you don’t want to go back to rotational media. Portable SSDs are also streaming ahead in the external storage drive market by bringing the breakthrough performance of an SSD to a tiny rugged enclosure that fits in the palm of your hand. The SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD series was introduced in Q1 2018 with the hopes of becoming the external drive of choice for those needing to move around a good deal of data, quickly and safely. Read on to see how the SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable SSD performs!

Article Title: SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable SSD Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/sandisk-1tb ... iew_205433
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable SSD Review

Post by KnightRid »

Can't use below freezing :(

Dream portable would be this setup with added card reader to transfer from a dslr on the road, battery pack to operate on the road, wifi to transfer files to and from without a cable and being able to let it outside in ANY weather to use for a nice time-lapse external pack or even for a game/trail camera to store massive amounts of photo and video without sd cards.

Of course all those features would make it cost about $500 and I would never buy it LOL

The freezing temp thing is a bit bothersome though, I mean -
Temperature proof:
SanDisk SD, SDHC, microSD and microSDHC memory cards are capable of withstanding operating temperatures from -13ºF to 185ºF (-25ºC to 85 ºC).
- From https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/deta ... gnetic-and - shows sd cards can easily go below freezing so what is it with the memory inside the ssd that wont let it? maybe the controller is the cause?
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable SSD Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Yeah, i'm not sure why an SSD can't go as low as a Flash memory card. It wouldn' t be the NAND Flash, but likely maybe the controller or DRAM cache chip?
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!