AMD Ryzen 7 2700 8-Core 65W Processor Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 8-Core 65W Processor Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Last month we published reviews on the Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X processors and found AMD's second-generation Zen models to be off to a great start. Both the models we looked at last month support AMD's XFR 2 technology though and we weren't able to look at the non-XFR (eXtended Frequency Range) models of the same processors. Today, we'll be taking a look at the AMD Ryzen 7 2700 8-core, 16-thread processor  that is basically the same thing as the Ryzen 2700X albeit with XFR technology disabled and lower clock speeds.

Article Title: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 8-Core 65W Processor Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-ryzen-7 ... iew_205588
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 8-Core 65W Processor Review

Post by KnightRid »

Why does the Ryzen 7 2700X running at 3.7ghz have a MUCH lower single core score compared to the i7-8700K?

i.e. Cinebench R15 - Intel - 206 and Ryzen - 179 even though they are the exact same clock speed. Even overclocked the single core speeds are LOWER than they were at stock speeds lol not by much but still lower. Are they just making them more effective/efficient using more than one core rather than focusing on single core applications (which should be non-existent in 2018 IMHO)?
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

It's just the architecture differences between Intel and AMD. IPC has been better on Intel for years and continues to be better despite AMD getting over 40% IPC improvements with Zen. That is why before Zen no enthusiast was touching AMD.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Apoptosis wrote:It's just the architecture differences between Intel and AMD. IPC has been better on Intel for years and continues to be better despite AMD getting over 40% IPC improvements with Zen. That is why before Zen no enthusiast was touching AMD.
AMD needs to put a flux capacitor on each core.

I think an oscillation overthruster would be a bit much.

Nostalgia - love it bitches :finga:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: