ADATA XPG SX8200 M.2 SSD Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ADATA XPG SX8200 M.2 SSD Review

Post by Apoptosis »

If you are looking for a fast and affordable Solid-State Drive (SSD) the ADATA XPG SX8200 PCIe SSD series is worth taking a look at. This M.2 2280 NVMe 1.3 supporting drive series is actually ADATA’s fastest SSD to date! ADATA went with the Silicon Motion SM2262 controller paired with Intel 64-Layer 3D TLC NAND Flash (2nd Gen) and was able to get read/write speeds of up to 3200/1700 MB/s over the PCIe Gen 3 x4 interface. Read on to see how the ADATA XPG SX8200 480GB drive performs!

Article Title: ADATA XPG SX8200 M.2 SSD Review @ Legit Reviews
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/adata-xpg-s ... ted_206131
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: ADATA XPG SX8200 M.2 SSD Review

Post by KnightRid »

Very nice reading!

What is the performance hit with the power management on compared to off? Does it take a second or so to ramp up the pci bus or is it so fast it is not even noticeable?
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Active State Power Management (ASPM) is a little strange as no one talks much about it. No drive company has ever briefed the press on it and only a handful of storage sites even test it on/off.

Every controller has different power states that can be used by ASPM and ASPT (Autonomous Power State Transition), but not every platform supports every power state.

No controller company has ever given us specifics on their power states as far as max power for each state and entry/exit latencies. I have seen Anandtech publish in-depth information on this topic, so it appears if you dig for it some comapnies will give details out. Most controller companies keep things secret and don't want to talk about specifics.
anadtech-power-states.png
anadtech-power-states.png (58.3 KiB) Viewed 4956 times
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Sweet. That was the first question I always thought about lol. But with no "spinning up" required it is pretty darn fast.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: