Intel's Common Building Blocks For Notebooks

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Intel's Common Building Blocks For Notebooks

Post by Apoptosis »

At the start of 2006 Intel launched their Common Building Blocks (CBB) program for whitebook computers and today Legit Reviews takes a look at how far Intel has come after the program has been around for nearly six months. If you are a system builder or a DIY enthusiast you might want to take a closer look at the 11 notebook models that are in the CBB program!

Other than customization and easier service Intel has also said these 11 notebooks are upgradeable. At first one might think that Intel means these notebooks can have more memory or a faster processor installed, but that is not the case here. Each of the 11 notebooks will support Intel's next generation dual-core mobile processor. Right now they all run Intel's Core Duo (Yonah) processors, but after a simple BIOS flash they will be able to support Core 2 Duo mobile processors (Merom).
Article Title: Intel's Common Building Blocks For Notebooks
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Very cool! I remember this being talked about at the notebook workshop during QuakeCon '05. Its great to see Intel come through on this one!
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
pcrobot
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pcrobot »

Nice future-proofing!
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

well the only thing i dont like about it is the starndard battery. And the reason why is it does not leave as many design options for the motherboard and thus all the laptops will end up being around the same size, same weight.... not a big deal but the nice thing about laptops is they are different so you can find the one that fits your needs.

Over all i thank intel for this, its helped me out already and it will do so again in the future.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"