Now Hiring - Write For Legit Reviews

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Now Hiring - Write For Legit Reviews

Post by Apoptosis »

Legit Reviews is always looking for new writers and with so much technology coming out we can never have enough people supporting the site by adding articles and reviews. If you think you have the right stuff please let me know. People I know often tell me they don't know I'm looking for help or more writers, so I thought I'd make a sticky to spread the word. Legit Reviews is always looking for more writers and help, so if you can help give us a shout!

How can you help out the site?

News Editor:
Are you in general a technology news junkie? Do you spend way too much time online? Do you enjoy putting what you read into your own words and letting others know about it? If you said yes to these questions, then you would be great as a News Editor. News Editors are the unsung heroes of nearly every site on the internet and they are responsible for a people coming back many times a day to see what the latest word is. If you think you have what it takes to be a News Editor please contact one of the staff members for more information and an application. Once you are approved you will need to have a daily routine that includes scouring the Internet for the latest press releases, maddeningly hitting the "refresh" button on your email application and getting up each and every press release as soon as it hits the airwaves. This position leaves it up to you to find the latest news and to get the word out to the tens of thousands that read Legit Reviews Daily.

General Requirements:
Must be 18 years of age or older
Outstanding writing skills
At least some writing experience at a website or journalistic publication
Excellent verbal and social skills
Extensive knowledge of the PC industry, including specific hardware companies, retailers and so on
Basic Knowledge of HTML for post layout
No location requirement

Hardware Editor:
Legit Reviews is looking for dedicated hardware editors to help expand the sites product reviews coverage into more areas and/or to better cover the products we already look at. You'll need to have an eye for detail, and be able to work with review samples that are often not ready for review as we get the latest products ahead of the rest, so that means plan on nothing working right and when it does run with it.

General Requirements:
Must have a 5.0MP digital camera or higher and know how to use it.
You must own a tripod to use with the camera you own
A program like Adobe Photoshop CS3/CS4 to edit and optimize images for the internet
Enough free time to be able to benchmark and write the article
A dedicated system that can be used for reviews
Ability to work under a deadline and meet the deadline. This is essential!
Must be located in the US or Canada

Editorial Editor:
One of the most fun positions for a site like Legit Reviews would be doing editorial articles that interest you. If you love hardware and like to performance test video card drivers, software applications, memory timings, or write 'how to' guides you are the perfect person for writing editorials. There are no companies to deal with, no deadlines and you write about areas that interest you. An example of an editorial would be the article on playing movies on the Blackberry Bold using Badaboom. That was an article that we did on our own just because we were interested in that at the time we wrote it. The sky is the limit on this position and if you like to 'play' with hardware or interview companies this would be the way to go about it.

General Requirements:
Must have a 5.0MP digital camera or higher and know how to use it.
You must own a tripod to use with the camera you own
A program like Adobe Photoshop CS3/CS4 to edit and optimize images for the internet
Enough free time to be able to benchmark and write the article
No location requirement
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Now Hiring - Write For Legit Reviews

Post by Apoptosis »

This thread was cluttered with a bunch of posts over the past year, so I deleted them and am starting with a clean slate.

First and foremost I am looking for a dedicated news poster. This person has to be a skilled writer, fast on their feet and have the ability to do creative writing on the fly. This person will need to know what is going on in the industry and be able to tie it all together.

Other than that I am looking for 1-2 new lance writers to help do review products for LR. This is usually the slow time of the year and let me tell you it is anything but slow. For every review we post we get 3-4 more pieces of hardware in to review, so it is getting crazy over here. I'd love to get a few people dedicated to one area and let them go to town working on product reviews. I'm basically looking to do an open call for nearly all the areas.

1) Intel or AMD motherboard reviewer
2) GPU Reviewer
3) Memory Kit Reviewer
4) Mini-ITX Reviewer (Cases, motherboards, coolers & anything ITX related)
5) Flash Memory Reviewer (USB 2.0/3.0 NAND Flash Products and SD, CF, microSD)
6) Power Supply Reviewer
7) Have your own niche? Ask and see if it fits!

Legit Reviews is a growing site and we need more dedicated people that are willing to help take it to the next level.

If you think you have what it takes to do tech reviews on LR then be sure to put a post up and let me know.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!