Favorite Action Movie Of All Time?

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Favorite Action Movie Of All Time?

Post by Skippman »

I was just thinking about a couple of my favorite action movies and was wondering what action movies everyone here considers to be thier favorites. Here's my top 3 and why.

1.) Rambo - First Blood Part One

I know you're thinking, Rambo is very cliched. But the first movie, watched 20 years later, really holds up. The abandoned Vietnam vet looking for his friends only to find they all were killed in a war no one wanted to fight. The unbalanced fight between an expert in gurella warfare vs. a lazy and power corrupt sherif. The fact that Rambo AVOIDS killing people as much as possible even when relentlessly pursued. The breakdown at the end of the film where you really identify with John Rambo, Vietnam Vet, Congressional Medal of Honor winner, and homeless drifter abandoned by his country when it was no longer convient to have him around.

2.) Aliens

Many people love James Camerons Magnum Opus Terminator 2 much better than Aliens but I have to convess I find Aliens to be a much better film. Each character in the film is a fully fleshed out person. From the super badass-ness of Vasquez to the smart assed one liners of Hudson to the cool collectedness of Hicks. This movie is in the top 10 movies for one liners.

The things that make this film great are it's approch, it's "used future" look, and the believability. You have a military unit that doesn't have any concept of the enemy they're about to fight. A unit that in many ways doesn't even believe there IS an enemy to fight. You have an untested military leader who quickly gets his people in trouble. You have believable technology, faliable characters, and some of the best and most realistic special effects ever made. Sam Winston was a genius...

Speaking of Sam Winston

3.) Predator

Probably the greatest Sci-Fi/Horror action movie ever made. Definatly one of Arnolds best. Again, every character is believable. From Jessie Ventura's Blane to Bill Dukes Mac. Who can forget the first time they saw the Predator as he uncloked. Trying to pick him out in the dense jungle and point him out in scenes to your friends. The climactic battle between a battered Dutch and a blinded alien creature. Definatly one of the greatest action films ever.

How about you guys? What's your favorites?
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Favorite Action Movie Of All Time?

Post by InspectahACE »

Old Painless :) Predator rules..even looks good on Blu-Ray...Honestly I like alot of Action movies..Actually(on the verge of being called weird) I have every Van Damme movie. I can truthfully say he's gotten better as an actor(would've helped back then). I do have the Alien Quadrilogy though..so I'm not all kicks and spins
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

I wish they'd hurry up and release Aliens on BluRay.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

I would imagine sometime this year they would(if they want bailout money from the customer not the government that is lol). I'm still waitin on Star Wars for BR..
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

Reservoir Dogs...though it's kinda more a suspense/thriller and definitely a twist bit of fun :mrgreen:
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Helloooo...The Matrix anyone?
Joe
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

FZ1 wrote:Helloooo...The Matrix anyone?

Get out of my thread. :lol:

The first Matrix was pretty good.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

Out of recent movies I like V for Vendetta, and 300.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit