Krispy Kreme: Diets hurt doughnuts

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Krispy Kreme: Diets hurt doughnuts

Post by Apoptosis »

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. said Friday its first-quarter profit will come in below Wall Street's estimates and its 2005 profit will be 10 percent lower than previously estimated as consumer interest in low-carbohydrate diets hurts demand for doughnuts.
hum... Can't say that I didn't see that one coming! :axe: But, who knew that the diet craze would promote job loss...
Krispy Kreme said it will dispose of its Montana Mills bread unit, close six factory stores and shut three underperforming coffee-and-doughnut shops.
bull
Legit User
Legit User

Post by bull »

I am so damn sick and tired of the low carb crap. Amazing how we all lived this long... :roll:
mrplow
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by mrplow »

You sure as hell can't live on doughnuts... especially when they're coated in pure sugary filth.

We all lived this long cos we didn't have Krispy Kreme doughnuts back in the day trying to kill us ;)

I don't know if they are actually available here yet (england). I saw a documentary about the company and their expansion to the UK but I haven't seen them on sale anywhere.
illegitimate emus
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

you know whats funny about it? Two years ago before Atkins croaked, scientist wer bashing his diet and philosophy. Then they say "Hey, it does help certain people with certain blood types", now everyone is on the bandwagon. Ye it has gone too far with all the fast food low carb diet food, but I guess to survive in our society they have to adapt, like cockroaches.
Crispy cream are the worst tasting donuts i have ever had, To me they are disgusting.
Cabot_Teg118
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Cabot_Teg118 »

I love Krispy Kreme!!

All this stupid "Low Carb Diet" stuff is getting really old
rishdi
Legit User
Legit User

Post by rishdi »

1 Doughnut = 27% of your daily fat inake. :roll:
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

u can safley have 1 or 2 or even 3 then i guess, and then eat remotley healthy foods....
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

but wait, you can have three, wash them down with a coffee or soda, then not eat the rest of the day!
I think the best solution is to not eat them everyday, but only as a treat once in awhile. We really need to eat better as a society. did anyone watch that special on CNN about that healthy guy that did a documentary wehere he ate nothing but fast food for 30 days... it almost killed him, he got pretty sick
bull
Legit User
Legit User

Post by bull »

I am waiting for the automobile industry to get on the not only low carb kick, but the no carb kick!!

Fuel injection will save us all from carbs!!!! :lol: